Scrounging just got serious

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
f255453cc57994c1e8ae81d9f0648420.jpg

Sent from a field

Not sure, but I intend to find out. GVW of 14,000 which is (technically) 1,500 more than the truck is rated to pull.

Its 196 cubic feet level with the sides. Im sure Ill add a 2x12 to the sides to increase volume.

It will double as my equipment trailer as well which is why I went with 14' instead of 12'.

Nice trailer. Bet you can get 2 cord on it with 12" additional side boards. I found that the larger the trailer the longer I cut, split, and loaded. Had a 3 cord trailer -non dump- it was a good day when someone wanted it more than I did. Wore me and my teens out more than once, it did.

IMG_1505.JPGIMG_1506.JPGIMG_1507.JPG

Picked up an 8x14 deckover this year. I love it, not sure how we got by without it before. 1 cord of wood in this trailer is pretty much a heaping pile, our sides are only 20" tall though. They fold down which is nice for loading the splits. I used to borrow a buddies 8x16 deck over and to get 2 cords in it we had to put 4' plywood on the sides and fill her up.

I just turned over 400 miles on the truck so I haven't really opened it up yet. But pulling the trailer back to work, about 30 miles, was no issue. Other than the MPG being down, there was no noticeable difference in the trucks ability to get the 3990 pound trailer up to 70 mph.

The 6.4 is amazing in the power it produces. One of my coworkers has a 2500 Suburban with the 8.1 and the output numbers between both motors are darn near identical with the Dodge getting it done with almost 2 less liters of displacement.

View attachment 480351View attachment 480352View attachment 480353

Picked up an 8x14 deckover this year. I love it, not sure how we got by without it before. 1 cord of wood in this trailer is pretty much a heaping pile, our sides are only 20" tall though. They fold down which is nice for loading the splits. I used to borrow a buddies 8x16 deck over and to get 2 cords in it we had to put 4' plywood on the sides and fill her up.

I contemplated the deck over, but it was out of my budget and wouldn't fit the tractor hauling duty.

Can't tell but that trailer does have a hydraulic lift on board? And, you can drop a full cord (maybe 2)? Please forgive me for being childish for asking. Last year a trailer with hydraulic lift dropped off two cords of rounds at my place. I almost bought one and rented a garage to store it.

If your looking to buy a dump trailer I recommend getting the type with a scissor lift. With much weight on the fromt standard setup trailers struggle to dump.

Can't tell but that trailer does have a hydraulic lift on board? And, you can drop a full cord (maybe 2)? Please forgive me for being childish for asking. Last year a trailer with hydraulic lift dropped off two cords of rounds at my place. I almost bought one and rented a garage to store it.

Yes it's a hydraulic dump trailer.

Adding side boards to increase side height from 24" to 36" should get close to, if not over 2 full cord if it was stacked.

Sent from a field

If your looking to buy a dump trailer I recommend getting the type with a scissor lift. With much weight on the fromt standard setup trailers struggle to dump.

Properly distributed load shouldn't tax a twin cylinder setup.

Load distribution is one of those ocd issues I have. I am very aware of what and where the load is being placed. I've hauled all kinds of materials and equipment and in a state with frost laws, being aware of how much weight you can place where is very important.

Sent from a field

Mine has the scissor lift. It groans a little when you have a full cord in it but so far no problems. Mine has ramps in the back but never tried loading anything in it. I paid 5 grand for mine, 2 years old, new ones go for around 7 in these parts.

I use a 7x14 enclosed and my PJ 14' dump everyday. The scissor does MUCH better. We used a standard twin cylinder for years and no matter what you get these dump trailers are so useful.

Thank God for trailer brakes.

Just out of curiosity's sake do these come in goosnecks?

I use a 7x14 enclosed and my PJ 14' dump everyday. The scissor does MUCH better. We used a standard twin cylinder for years and no matter what you get these dump trailers are so useful.

Thank God for trailer brakes.

PJ's are my favorite goosenecks. They seem to pull better than others.

I totally agree on the usefullness of the dump trailer.:happybanana:

Back