Sears david bradley gear drive chainsaw info and troubleshoot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiqueman

Reaction score
hey guys and or gals, i just found a sears gear driven chainsaw and was looking for some info on it. i beleive its a david bradley as it is orange and a very wide bar. i was looking for things such as the year, engine size, model number, and some troubleshooting. i had gotten it running but when i let it idle it immediatle dies, is that the idle screw i have to adjust and if so what screw on the carb i beleive there is 3. also when i tried to let it warm up it shot sparks out the muffler when i had it revved at somewhat of a high rpm. i did drain gas and oil tank and pulled carburator of and cleaned it then also did spark plug. i also can only get it started with ether but once started it would run for a few minutes then die. i did clean out fuel strainer in tank. any help and info greatly appericiated.
Thanks, Jamison

Need to see a few pic's to determine a model.
Sounds like you have spark and compression
so your fuel system is in need of some help.
It may need new filter, fuel lines, carb kit, etc.
It could also have an air leak causing problems
as well. Starting fluid is not the best starting aid
for a two cycle engine as it has no lubrication.

Lee

There should be a tag on the saw next to the handle. You can see it on the lower left on this saw of mine. Get the model number off of it and look up the info on Mike Acres site.

DavidBradleysaw001.jpg

Never use ether in a 2 cycle engine as it will wash the oil off of the cylinder.

Got the saw running just needed to mess with fuel air mixture screw found that the sparks come out the muffler because of all the carbon build up burning off ill post a pic tonight and find the numbers on it. Got to say tho ive looked on the internet and mine seems to be the best in shape wise what years did they make these?

Back