Selling firewood in small amounts{gas station}

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHIBBS75

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Since me and 08f150 have an abundunt of fire wood we were thinking about selling fireplace fire wood... When ive been to bigger cities Ive seen wood for sale in saran wrap, about 5-6 pieces.....going for about $5.00..

My ??? is what is the going amount of wood and price around the country and is it seasoned or green.???

We have plenty of 16" and 20+" length of wood.. plenty seasoned and fresh.. season is 1-2 yrs. fresh this week. mostly oak and hickory...

We were thinking of using a milk crate for the amount of wood bundles and thinking of $5. a bundle...

Does this sound right....:monkey:

Price depends on the area. It's not as easy to get into the market as you think. Around here the stores are locked into larger companies that bundle the wood. These larger companies aren't even in the area.
I would sell bundles all day long for $5 each, but the stores are set on their suppliers now.
if you have an in, that would be profitable

A close friend of mine does this. He sells it at his house. He puts it out when he gets home. He has a 5 dollar stack and a 10 dollar stack. His son also helps and I think he gives him the proceeds as a allowance. He does well with this and even in the summer people with the outdoor firepits and chimeneas buy wood on fridays for their weekend gatherings. People in my area are the kind that get jobs done with the telephone so cutting wood or even splitting wood would be out of the question.

Back