She's sooo perty!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Farmerbuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Its here!! My new 346xp is here. Its so perty I just cant see getting it all dirty. (only because it was dark out when ups brought it) I've been using my 359 for everything so the 346 seems really light. I'll get to try it out tomorrow hopefully.

NIce

Let us know how she cuts eh??? congrats brotha.. :cheers:

When you passin' out the cigars??? :greenchainsaw:

All I know is that i'd better get to run it today so I can get some sleep! Havent slept too well since i ordered it. Kinda like a kid on xmas morning.

Congradulations!!!

There's just something special about getting a brand new saw..........:chainsaw: :cheers:

Congrats!! :cheers:

Rumor has told me that all the xp saws will have the gray cover, some time in the future.

It looks a bit odd, but you get used to it.....:)

Thanks for the congrats guys. Been a long day on the farm today and not much time tonight but I did manage to cut a few logs with it. It sure is different than the 359 with the dual muffler job I did on it. Too quiet!! I'll fix that in a few days though. Anyway....gotta go to nephews bd party for a while. He helps me get the firewood,he just turned 11. Its all down dead elm so its nice to have a chain man to hook em to the tractor.

you'll have to give us an honest comparison vs. the 359 as i get the impression from AS members most think its a dog

A dog? Hmm I'm no professional like a lot of the others on here but I think my 359 cuts mighty fine. I did put two 5/8 pieces of conduit on a non-cat muffler and run what I think is square chisel(has a sharp point at the tip of the cutter). The wood i cut is clean with no bark and seems pretty hard. I didnt cut much with the 346 but I'm betting it wont stand a chance against the 359. But time will tell.

Originally Posted by woodfarmer
you'll have to give us an honest comparison vs. the 359

Well I ran 3 tanks through it today. It seems to cut very well. The wood is all clean dead elm ranging from 4" to 16" or maybe some bigger. Good hard wood all the way through. The 359 outcuts it just like it should and the chain is a little more aggressive on the 350 also. But it is nice to have a quiet saw (for a while) that runs this good. I prob shouldnt ask this but the chain that came with the 346 is oregon 95vp072G,is that my best bet with the kind of wood i'm cutting or should I try something else?

Back