Should I buy a professional saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pack a 661 all day felling mountain timber in East Tennessee. That being said my choice of a firewood saw would be a ported 441 with a 20" bar and a carbide chain. I can buy that combo for 900.00 New after taxes at the shop I use.

If you're doing 20 chord a year you'll only need to sharpen 5 or 6 times if you keep it out of the dirt and such. You'll also never need to buy another saw. It may be to heavy for you if you're not used to packing the such all day though.

Oh, I wish I could get a load of logs from 3 or 4 trees. That must be really nice. It takes me 20 at least and that's only if it's a good stand.

15" diameter max on the stump? 20 chords per year? Save your money. There's a NIB ms271 for sale for a good price in the trading forum. You won't wear it out as long as you do your part; sharp chains, decent premix, clean air filter.

Um yeah thats my bread and butter, and I don't fall timber with anything less then 70cc, if you're the pro might as well act like it and have the right gear.

Besides, its not like ya got some yocal hanging onto the other end of the saw while yer cutting stuff, that would be weird and awkward.
just dont l need it the most of the time its max 35/40 cm over here i work with some people together thnee have stihl 880s and so on its one call and i have it lying dont need it for 1 ore 2 times a year
on the moment my main saw is a 353 Husqvarna and i can get 99% with it till now

Latest posts

Back