Should I buy...stihl 036 like new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohio8484

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase an 036 pro model with a 20" bar and chain. It appears to be in just about new shape. If it checks out, what would top dollar be? Or should I buy a brand new MS361 for 675?

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay - and that varies greatly. It is a very good saw and would serve you well. After that, it's a matter of needs/wants. There are plenty of newer saws out there that are much more refined and just as powerful as the "old" 036. You have to decide if nostalgia will rule the day, or comfort of use.

I sold a nice condition 036 pro with 20" for $325. So figure like new original little more.

New never used 361 for that price would be good too. They were $589 when new in dealers.
Take it over the OE 362. That cost even more.

361 at a dealer with warranty?

As to price... if it is "mint" and you paid $200 for it, you could easily sell it for more. If it is "very good", and you paid $350 for it, you may have to be patient looking for a buyer willing to pay substantially more than you did. Just my 2 cents.

If you like the 036 then buy it, they are a good solid saw. Just not what an MS361 is.
I think that saw for $675 you mentioned might be a MS362 though.

The last very nice 036 I sold went locally for $375-400, I can't remember. What's the asking price?

The last very nice 036 I sold went locally for $375-400, I can't remember. What's the asking price?
He wants 500. Says it's only been used a couple times, looks like it too. Im not sure if should hold out for a 361 or not. Which would you want and what would tot expect to pay for one in very good-excellent shape?

He wants 500. Says it's only been used a couple times, looks like it too. Im not sure if should hold out for a 361 or not. Which would you want and what would tot expect to pay for one in very good-excellent shape?
500 is a little steep i think. i bought both of these for a good bit less. one came from my stihl shop and the other C/L.
20160226_141035.jpg

Latest posts

Back