Show me your Woodshed designs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k7iou1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I heat with wood and I used 5 full cords this last winter. I have 5 split cords under tarp and two large piles of rounds to split.
I ended up with ten free sheets of ribbed metal 10' long that were cover sheets for my barn build.
I'm thinking of 4x4's in corners and every 8' for posts, 2x8 nailed across the top horizontally across the 4x4's like a header front and back, 2x6 24" on centers rafters, 2x4 perlans 24" centers, nail sheets on top for roofing.
Also any thought as to direction to place front. I'm in Northern MI in the snow belt. Most of our weather seems to prevail from North, Northwest, and West.

Suggestions, pictures of your designs?
Regards

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 157
In for this thread too I don't have a wood shed just piles

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Are u supposed to have a wood shed? I just tarp the winter wood and it stays dry. I bring half a cord in every 2 weeks. I do have a few years of wood stacked with no cover never really cared if that was dry

Are u supposed to have a wood shed? I just tarp the winter wood and it stays dry. I bring half a cord in every 2 weeks. I do have a few years of wood stacked with no cover never really cared if that was dry
The only problem tarping is shoveling the 2-4' of snow off the tarp for access.

I always wanted to build a wood shed that looked aesthetically appealing. It never happened. :( I built (many) racks with treated 4X4s under the pallets. Its worked well, but I am going to keep checking this thread and live vicariously thru everyone else's sheds. There are some beauties out there.

The problem is I'd need 2 sheds one for wood for years to come and one for this year. Then you have to rotate the wood in the shed so you use the old stuff.

I'll admit the tarping sucks when it's above freezing because there's a lot of moisture in the air but when it's cold enough everything is dry.

I need to do something for my stacking though my posts always fall over when the ground is soft.

I'm in the same boat. Need to build one this summer now that our house is built. So many ideas on Pinterest it's overwhelming. Want to build one to hold 4 maybe 5 cord. How do you guys feel about letting it air dry for several months and then in August put it in the shed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that was the other design idea whether to make slats on the side or seal it in with some venting in the walls or gable end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I skipped most of the thread. A couple years ago a friend of mine was at one of the big box stores. They had changed vendors for the sheds they sold. They had 3 or 4 shed options that were built as demos. They were 4 feet deep and looked like a full shed from the front with big double swing out doors. He had them lined up side by side, along his back fence. Looked like a frontier town. They gave them to him to get rid of them, Joe.

Real simple design, using a lot of materials I had on hand I made one trip to the store for probably less than a hundred and had this up in a few hours. Its 10X10 and it serves me well. I would like to either expand or make another just so I could have a year ahead seasoning but all and all it serves the purpose.100_2500.JPG

No, its just a nice skid I salvaged and made use of it. It already had all those planks on it, I actually have an old gate for the other side. I tried to use what stuff I had on hand with minimal effort. If I find another pallet like that I will probably put one up instead of the gate. I wanted to spread them out but it was put together with twist nails and wasn't about to fool with deconstructing it to put a little gap between the planks

Back