Show off your crummys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I had some more recent ones but I guess not :confused:

gotta love the 55 gallon drum ratchet strapped to the corner of the bed,reminds me of the first crummy they scabbed together for me,no 4wd drive for this youngster though...cant recall missing a day though?they gave me the keys to a six at seventeen!!!loving life:chainsaw:

attachment.php

Good ole Rusty. Gone but not forgotten. Pain in the butt to get out and lock the hubs but never got stuck.

attachment.php

Good ole Rusty. Gone but not forgotten. Pain in the butt to get out and lock the hubs but never got stuck.

I'd be interested to know how ole Rusty got so rusty. Do they use that much salt in N Carolina or was it by other means?

It's not technically a crummy by definition, but it sure as hell has hauled some logs in its day.

186.jpg

Then what is the definition for crummy? Cause I wouldn't be caught dead within 50 feet of that pile.:) Just joking, actually surprised its not a complete rust bucket coming from up there. Looks great to me.

Then what is the definition for crummy? Cause I wouldn't be caught dead within 50 feet of that pile.:) Just joking, actually surprised its not a complete rust bucket coming from up there. Looks great to me.

Haha! A crummy should be a 4wd, I think. My ford is only a 2wd. I pack enough wood in there in the winter and with the extra weight, it does just fine. It's not my only truck though.

Haha! A crummy should be a 4wd, I think. My ford is only a 2wd. I pack enough wood in there in the winter and with the extra weight, it does just fine. It's not my only truck though.

Its a year or two younger than mine. I figured out awhile ago that washing the underside is more important than washing the topside. That lip under the rear wheel well holds a lot of crap which makes the body rot.

I'd be interested to know how ole Rusty got so rusty. Do they use that much salt in N Carolina or was it by other means?

I got it second hand so I really don't know it's history. I was curious about that too but the engine and trans. were sound and the price was right. I needed a beater and it fit the bill. Down where I'm at they don't use any salt so your guess is as good as mine. Heck, with the winters I've experienced since I've lived here (10yrs.) I wonder when winter begins.

Later,

Then what is the definition for crummy?

A crummy, in our part of the world, is usually the vehicle that hauls the crew to and from the woods. A lot of them are crew cab pickups but occasionally a van or small bus is used.

Individual pickups or work trucks are never referred to as crummies. The crummy is the crummy, period. They're usually easily identifiable by the dirt, dents and mud on the body, the welter of logging gear in the back, and the a totally unique but not altogether unpleasant odor in the cab.

On a payday Friday, they're the fastest way from the woods to town.

Latest posts

Back