Show off your crummys!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just takes a little patience. I'm in 3700 between the two, both in good mechanical/decent cosmetic shape......but I watched c-list like a hawk for a few months.

i liked my 83 longbed. pounded that thing for almost18 years before i sold it to a kid that finished it off inside of a month. the solid axel toys are tough.

Scuba truck

Yes, I know I need a truck.

Sorry guys I can't figure out how to up load a picture from my iPad

Last edited:
Interesting. I've been seeing quite a few up this way too. Must be a new thing they've got going.

Yeah they have a whole series you can get, he old school ones are pretty cool, you can get the "Montana Club" logo ones or the crappy solid baby blue ones too

Hey mang! What's the good word? Those old plates are kinda cool, especially the mid 90s, groovy sunset design! :laugh:

Just, kizzickin it, takin it sleazy and whatnot, how are you?
Trying to decide between a stable, yet miserable existence at the steel shop, and runnin a skidder, free as any tiger in the jungle yet perhaps laid off from time to time

Things are just alright, man. Getting booted from the Haywire compound at the end of the month, so searching for new digs has been a buzzkill.
No worries though, at least camping is nice this time of year! :laugh:

Runnin' a skidder would be a nice change of scenery...that's a tough call!

Oh man, that's ruff, are you staying around this area?

Things are just alright, man. Getting booted from the Haywire compound at the end of the month, so searching for new digs has been a buzzkill.
No worries though, at least camping is nice this time of year! :laugh:

Runnin' a skidder would be a nice change of scenery...that's a tough call!

Searching for new digs absolutely sucks balls. Iv been from motel to hotel to motel for months now. No wonder I'm so ####ing poor...

Good deal, I'm starting to go a little crazy with this extended breakup, going to call on a skidding job, just didn't want to step on your toes.

mini crummy packed for one. had an extra saw because it was fresh off the workbench, wanted to make sure it was running right and ready to go.

it'll take 2 fallers fine, any more and we'll have to shuttle.

View attachment 301577

This what I think is the ultimate crummy! A GMC 5500 4x4, with a service body. It will haul 5 guys, tow a heavy trailer, act as service center, go just anywhere, and do it safely! Very multi purpose! Can shuttle parts the next day. Endless uses! Thanks!
View attachment 304336

The crew truck we had when I worked for a concrete company would have been perfect for this. It was an 80 something Chevy k3500 four door dually. Originally it had been the owners nice truck but that was 20 years before I worked there. The original 6.2 diesel had blown up and it was on its second or third 454. What was left of the headliner was nailed to the roof. The vents were all smashed and had folded up cigarette packs stuffed around them to aim heat into the cab. To get the power windows to work you had to touch wires together. It reeked of dirt and sweat and cigarette smoke. There were cigarette burns and chew stains all over everything. But it would haul six guys and whatever would fit in the back and it would go about anywhere. I wish I had a picture but you get the idea.

The tank on that slip looks like an old Wajax-Pacific. We just got rid of 8 of them. They were 20 years old and had been repaired many times. Now we have a motley assortment of Danko, Mallory, and US Fire units.

Mine is the 1-T Ford on the left; it's sporting a Danko Type 6 slip with a United Plastics tank, a 23-HP B&S engine, a Hannay hosereel, and a 4-stage Wildfire pump. We had it re-sprung with 2-T springs last year because the weight of the water was causing the front end to drift. It's rock-solid now. I like the singles better than duallys because it keeps more weight on the contact patch, which helps keep from getting stuck. The short wheelbase makes it maneuverable.

The big Chevy to the right is an unknown element so far. We just got it and don't have much time on it. That's a US fire Type 6 slip, with UPI tank, B&S engine, an Akron hosereel, and a Darley pump. I don't like the Darleys for this kind of work; a single stage pump is way too easy to kill if you're not paying attention to water level, and US Fire aren't too religious about low-level switches. This rig has one but it's not currently working. Don't get me started. All that diamond-plate amounts to an expensive hill of beans when an inattentive operator kills a thousand-dollar pump.

1002092_10151510590492523_305301169_n.jpg

Back