Side dishes or veggies..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first of all... regarding yooper's side zucchini recipe... here is what is behind the link.

DEBBIE TROYER'S ZUCCIHINI

azk.jpg

now, then... in and of itself... this old 3 X 5 type card is hardly appetizing as it is presented. and the recipe does fall short on some of the 'guidelines' sequence... but easy enough to sort out, even if it mite take you a time or two. lol ;)

the point being... this recipe will produce a medley of flavors quite impressive all the way down the line!... and the end mixture, given the effort and work to get there... is a culinary work of art! an true recipe masterpiece showing off numerous summer veg colors. the mixture is spot on, too. we set the oven for 350 for one hour on bake, to be checked at 45 mins.

this is definitely a side or a meal... that should be tried. overall, easy to prepare... for us... it is to be a main dish... with some roasted chicken as the side. lol

so we followed the recipe, figured out what was missing... etc... added accordingly... and ended up with this amazing mixture of delight. i was impressed to see how how the ol gungy recipe card had turned into this beautiful concaulktion to me a real honest culinary creation worthy of any uptown sit down dinner... or potluck country fare at a local church GTG and dinner! ... i could hardly wait to get it into the oven!

P1220002.JPG

it was quite a bowl full of mixture. i was certain i had too much. way-y too much. but alas, no extra stove top. but as i proceeded to fill my baking dish... it was quite clear that what i had made up... was going to be just perfect for an ideal filling of the baking dish. :yes:

here, u can see the results for yourself. :D i shot this pix 'cause imo... the dish was in a pure artform... and i wanted to share it sans the final stove top crumbing of the stuffing.. which may hide it from view, but hardly... based upon results so far... hardly from being a very tasty dish!!! if i couldn't wait to get it into the oven... i definitely couldn't wait to get it back out and have some. as chef on this project... i had the oppty to taste test along the way... and i knew we had a winner! :numberone:

dang, an hour away... oh well... i did find a way to pass the time... :givebeer:

:lol:

in the mean time... waiting.... :popcorn2:

P1220004.JPG

update: one hour later:

clearly... the recipe is done! :D it is a great one!!! :D cooked to perfection!!! :D she came out of the oven, 350 for one hour... later... sizzling and boiling at the edges! :D omg, yes! this did exceed my expectations. :D from that old dusty card, to this! :D i knew, well had a feeling... this was not a post to overlook! :D omg, i just :heart: being right!!!! :D

DEBBIE TROYER'S ZUCCIHINI it is what's for dinner!: :D (drum roll and a TaDAH!!!!.......) [the whole house smells awesome!]

P1220001.JPG

update: one hour later:

clearly... the recipe is done! :D it is a great one!!! :D cooked to perfection!!! :D she came out of the oven, 350 for one hour... later... sizzling and boiling at the edges! :D omg, yes! this did exceed my expectations. :D from that old dusty card, to this! :D i knew, well had a feeling... this was not a post to overlook! :D omg, i just :heart: being right!!!! :D

DEBBIE TROYER'S ZUCCIHINI it is what's for dinner!: :D (drum roll and a TaDAH!!!!.......) [the whole house smells awesome!]

View attachment 519247

I know this is good, The wife has been making this for long time, I love it. She also adds grated mild cheddar cheese to it. Another one of my favorites! You can use yellow squash also, Yummy! :numberone:

first of all... regarding yooper's side zucchini recipe... here is what is behind the link.

DEBBIE TROYER'S ZUCCIHINI

View attachment 519235

now, then... in and of itself... this old 3 X 5 type card is hardly appetizing as it is presented. and the recipe does fall short on some of the 'guidelines' sequence... but easy enough to sort out, even if it mite take you a time or two. lol ;)

the point being... this recipe will produce a medley of flavors quite impressive all the way down the line!... and the end mixture, given the effort and work to get there... is a culinary work of art! an true recipe masterpiece showing off numerous summer veg colors. the mixture is spot on, too. we set the oven for 350 for one hour on bake, to be checked at 45 mins.

this is definitely a side or a meal... that should be tried. overall, easy to prepare... for us... it is to be a main dish... with some roasted chicken as the side. lol
I have added both chicken and ham to the recipe.

Wow this thread has been quiet for a while.

I love steamed cauliflower but cooking it makes the house smell like farts. Literally.

Today I cooked a cauliflower head in the crockpot. Added an inch of water and sprinkled a little garlic, salt, and pepper over it. Cooked it on high for four hours and it was as tender as could be with no smell in the house whatsoever. Sorry I forgot to take pics.

Tried topped with a little American cheese, butter, then butter and cheese which was the best.

Wow this thread has been quiet for a while.

I love steamed cauliflower but cooking it makes the house smell like farts. Literally.

Today I cooked a cauliflower head in the crockpot. Added an inch of water and sprinkled a little garlic, salt, and pepper over it. Cooked it on high for four hours and it was as tender as could be with no smell in the house whatsoever. Sorry I forgot to take pics.

Tried topped with a little American cheese, butter, then butter and cheese which was the best.

I love steamed cauliflower with cheese sauce also, have you ever tried steaming some in one of these steamers. I love this thing.

Attachments

• 100_0830.JPG
    100_0830.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
I love steamed cauliflower with cheese sauce also, have you ever tried steaming some in one of these steamers. I love this thing.
Yes we have those at the house and cabin and they work well. Cooking broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus in there doesn't make the house smell so good though. I was surprised how scent free the crock pot was.

Yes we have those at the house and cabin and they work well. Cooking broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus in there doesn't make the house smell so good though. I was surprised how scent free the crock pot was.

I see your point with the smell. Since I don't smell very good it doesn't bother me.

I did some Asparagus today on the grill. Tossed in a little Olive oil and Kosher salt.
I had some smoke going and was unsure how it would work with Asparagus. It was a Perfect compliment.

I did some Asparagus today on the grill. Tossed in a little Olive oil and Kosher salt.
I had some smoke going and was unsure how it would work with Asparagus. It was a Perfect compliment.

Asparagus with cheese sauce and hollandaise sauce, ( Damn't ) Enjoy it !!!

Back