Site clean up rake & chipper trash push tool combined

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been havin issue with chipper push tools eg tyne rakes going tho chippers & metal parts or aluminum handles not good for knives so was looking for solid big tyne rakes in polyplastic that takes on wooden handle & i think we found best option ezee-rake-head made in USA so should be easy to source.

http://www.davidgolf.com.au/product/1072/ALL/ezee-rake-head-pack-of-25/
- Features teeth on one side and a levelling and smoothing blade on the other.
- Head Width: 560mm. - Timber handle available.

2593.png
Its a golf sand bunker rake cheap but solid enuff to clear up the site and push logs and trash into the chipper rollers

We use the poly scoop shovels to push debris into the chipper. They are entirely plastic to will not damage the chipper.

$17 for the head + handle sold separately.

for us down under thats cheap,, i found a Fiskars poly plastic tyne rake its was $40 bucks and had the tho away the aluminum handle.

We use the poly scoop shovels to push debris into the chipper. They are entirely plastic to will not damage the chipper.

Yes used these as well but for leaf and twig trash a good deep wide tyne rake is the go to tool then it needs to be able to push it all into feed wheels

I just make a shove stick outta a limb always works and if it gets in my blade no bang boom. Also I can''t beat the price:laugh:

agree is best method but my crews while great have not yet reached that point of chipper ops enlightenment.... I'll set aside a nice long tooth pick limb while working with them to turn away & see it get picked up and shoved tho,,, :( luke 23.34 aww bless em

been crap week for rake testing our Vemeer 1200 done a belt shaft bearing and off road most days