Skidding winch for the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing it, but thinking that I could have that beat to a pulp in no time. Heavy duty did not come to mind.
So what did you expect ?, it was "designed" for a tinker toy tractor, if that's what "I" logged with, I'd have it beat to death too! lol

SR

Shea, where are you located in OldFort. Reading from the start of this thread, I noticed you had a hard time finding a skidding winch. There has been one setting almost beside the road up above the gyser for several years now. It sits backed up to a hemlock tree in the guys driveway. (Old sawmill) I looked at it 4 or 5 years ago. It had been setting unused for several years and probably hasnt been moved since I looked at it. Doesnt matter now since you have already bought one. Might want to check it out next time your up that way incase someone might be looking for one.

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier. I live 6.5 miles out the other side of Old Fort, going out Bat Cave. I rarely go up past the geyser, but with a week off for Easter I will run up and check it out. Who knows, I may need another one.

Shea

So what did you expect ?, it was "designed" for a tinker toy tractor, if that's what "I" logged with, I'd have it beat to death too! lol

SR

Nothin wrong with tinkertoy logging ;)

Mighty Mouse Logging
LLC

Nothing wrong with it if you are playing with Lincoln logs. Real logs, uneven ground, lots of weight, no thanks. It will work for somebody, just not me.

SR, what size tractor do you have your Wally on? What drew you to it over other options?

Shea

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier. I live 6.5 miles out the other side of Old Fort, going out Bat Cave. I rarely go up past the geyser, but with a week off for Easter I will run up and check it out. Who knows, I may need another one.

Shea
Theres a old guy, Welder, last name Murphy, that lives up your way. Likes to make sorghum syrup. Just wondering if hes still around. Do you know him.

First name Reed. Don't know him personally, but I do know plenty of Murphys. Other than a few of us who are interlopers, there are only a few big families out through here.....and the greater Murphy clan is one of them. You must live close by.

Shea

SR, what size tractor do you have your Wally on? What drew you to it over other options?
Shea

I have my FX90 on my 60 pto hp tractor.

I looked at a LOT of winches before buying the Wallenstein, and it really came down to Farmi or Wallenstein... After looking them both over, (more than once) I decided I liked the features of the Wallenstein better, and then there's the fact that it's made in Canada, so any needed parts come from closer to home. Also, it's easier to call Canada for info and there's no language barrier...

Features and price were the main things for me, though... I think I made a good choice.

SR

First name Reed. Don't know him personally, but I do know plenty of Murphys. Other than a few of us who are interlopers, there are only a few big families out through here.....and the greater Murphy clan is one of them. You must live close by.

Shea
I live about 140 miles from there, but I used to work in the area for a few years. Used to eat breakfast at Hardee's about every morning and would talk to a lot of the locals. Seems Hardees is where all the retired folks like to meet and gossip. I know the area pretty well.

0329161056b.jpg
These were some of the last ones I pulled the other day. I only have three more trees to pull and two of those were dead that I brought down. The biggest is 20 or so inches and 40' before the first branch, solid oak. Haven't decided to pull it uphill and control it or downhill, but I prefer control over speed. If it wasn't already damp and beginning to rain I would try it today. Having this time off for Easter has been a blessing.

As far as the 2253, yes I have used the high idle feature to start, and it works...most of the time. After prolonged cuts and lots of them I figure if it sits for too long there is a heat issue with the carb, not sure if it is fuel or electronics.

Shea

Back