Skidding winch for the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also found a newer Igland 3501? In Vermont. Why does everything have to be a long days drive away? I live smack in the middle of a huge mountain range and nothing ever pops up. When I get one I'll have to treat it like gold.

Shea

Ps-Thanks for all the helpful information, I haven't put my hands on one yet and need to lean on others experience.

If the price is right on the Igland 3501 winch, I would have thrown myself over the phone and bought it. It is a very good winch that is still in production. A pro model.

If you look at the pic of mine 3081 there are the blade or plate detachable so I can use it with legs if want to.

Sent fra min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

If the price is right on the Igland 3501 winch, I would have thrown myself over the phone and bought it. It is a very good winch that is still in production. A pro model.

I think the price may be right, but it's just under 1,000, yes 1,000 miles away. Putting that much fuel and distance on my truck isn't the cheapest. If they can help put it in the bed that would save me from having to bring my trailer.....another cost. Thanks again.

Shea

Try å wanted add, I have always had good luck with them.

I think the price may be right, but it's just under 1,000, yes 1,000 miles away. Putting that much fuel and distance on my truck isn't the cheapest. If they can help put it in the bed that would save me from having to bring my trailer.....another cost. Thanks again.

Shea
See about meeting half way or check into a small transport company coming your way with some extra space on the truck.

I have used transport companies before, but the cost would still be more than I can do it for. I hope to talk to them this evening and get more details. For you Nowegians, they are asking 17,160 krone?...or best offer. I plan on offering approximately 15,000 krone for it. The unit is only 2 years old and kept indoors, used lightly during the summer only. We shall see.

Shea

15000kr should be a good price.

dc0a73230a84657e87d01da2f16c14bb.jpg

e75815ad47f98157ccf65b3ce2ca9c2d.jpg

3d772e0ca5c0aab05fedd7ffec216b2b.jpg

Some pics if anybody wants to make one.

I have used transport companies before, but the cost would still be more than I can do it for. I hope to talk to them this evening and get more details. For you Nowegians, they are asking 17,160 krone?...or best offer. I plan on offering approximately 15,000 krone for it. The unit is only 2 years old and kept indoors, used lightly during the summer only. We shall see.

Shea
Sounds good.

Shea

15 000 NOK is not too bad. Try 13 or 14 first, if you are lucky you will get it for that. If the seller wants more, offer him 15 and he will most likely accept.
Good luck!

Pictures are required if you end up with the winch ;).

15 000 NOK is not too bad. Try 13 or 14 first, if you are lucky you will get it for that. If the seller wants more, offer him 15 and he will most likely accept.
Good luck!

Pictures are required if you end up with the winch ;).

When I get one pictures will be posted. For reference, New ones go for 21,500 NOK. What is the home country cost?

When I get one pictures will be posted. For reference, New ones go for 21,500 NOK. What is the home country cost?

They have a package price for the winch redy to go with wire, PTO and chains for ca the same price here.

Well, it is done. I called about the winch this evening. It has spent it's entire life in a barn. Only used two summers to pull a grand total of six loads of logs. He bought it new as the package deal. Rock bottom was $1,800, 15,390 NOK. He'll have the cashier's check next week. I'll have to go up on a weekend to retrieve it and bring it to a much rougher environment. I want to thank you guys, especially you Norwegians, for all the input, I appreciate it.

Shea

Well, it is done. I called about the winch this evening. It has spent it's entire life in a barn. Only used two summers to pull a grand total of six loads of logs. He bought it new as the package deal. Rock bottom was $1,800, 15,390 NOK. He'll have the cashier's check next week. I'll have to go up on a weekend to retrieve it and bring it to a much rougher environment. I want to thank you guys, especially you Norwegians, for all the input, I appreciate it.

Shea
Great! You won't regret this purchase. I think that a winch is the best piece of safety gear that there is.
Now a couple of snatch blocks 4 or 6 ton, 4 or 5 chokers, I use 7 feet of grade 70, 5/16" chain, a 3 foot long piece of 1/4" steel rod with a 1" hook at one end and
a triangular handle bent at the other end, bend in a bit of a curve, used to pull the chokers under a log.
With that tractor of yours you got a great combination.

Congratulations Shea! I agree with timbrjackrussel, a winch is one of the handiest forestry equipment that you can buy. I recommend that you get a few gliders and chocker chains for the winch. You can use the gliders and chains to change the direction of pull and drag several logs at a time. Igland also produces a chainsaw and combi-can holder that you can mount on your winch.

Good luck and have fun winching :).

Shea
Did you get the winch home?
Good bit of snow here and it has been colder. Hope to get out Saturday, and drop some trees and get them winched out while there is still snow to keep them clean. Mostly hard maple and ash.

Back