Skull buckets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gologit

Completely retired...life is good.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The safety guy finally caught up with me and my old MacT is going into retirement. Too many dings, dents, and deep scratches. Kinda like it's owner.

Bailey's is out of Skull Buckets. Any other place to get one? I really don't want to start wearing a plastic hat.

Called Madsen's yet?

Sounds like we all ought to order a few before they go out.

Madsen's or Cowlitz. The Skull Bucket doesn't fit my big brainy head even though a Mac-T does. I sold my SB to my boss.

Overall I prefer the Bullard wildland helmet anyway.

Madsens has a bunch. I got the skull bucket suspension which works in my yard sale hard hat. I like the non-ratchety one better, but those are hard to find.

Bullards are spendy and heavy. Mine finally fell off when I tried to do a flip in the woods. The faller who was with me, picked it up and commented about it being :censored: heavy and why did they make us wear such :censored: heavy hard hats and his neck would gat :censored:tired wearing such a :censored:heavy hat. I'd fondle a Bullards before I bought one. We were told we had to wear them. HAD to. Something about unprepared people called to go to a fire and grabbing a hardhat. Something that didn't make sense to me. Did I say they were heavy? :msp_biggrin:

I think the tin can ones are not allowed here!!
You would look good in on of those cowboy hat style ones!!!
You could parade it at the GTG:hmm3grin2orange:
How about one of these.
Jackson Gunner, Shrapnel, Fly Boy Hard Hats from T.a.s.c.o

Naaaahhhhh...the only guys that wear the cowboy hat style are truck drivers. If I'm driving truck for the day I'll stick with the old style tin hat...if I can get away with it.

If I got one like your picture I'd be expected to be riding a motorcycle or something. I went through that phase of my personal development years ago.

Who's the Castle Rock outfit? Our usual contract planting crew uses shovels from there which are about 4" longer than the regular Forestry Suppliers model, and I have certainly chopped a few roots off doing inspections using the shorter shovel.

Want mine? It doesn't see much use these days.

Thanks Ted, but you better hang on to it. I didn't know they were made in China. That just doesn't seem right, somehow. I know we're surrounded by Chinese stuff but taking it to the woods just seems like the last straw.

So...tomorrow I'll throw my German saws in my Japanese pickup and head to work. :biggrin: Maybe the safety guy won't show up.

Brain bucket

I have two of these brain buckets. Much tougher then the plastic krap :mad2: The skull buckets brand is what most of the Axmen show are wearing. Kinda spendy for being chicom :dizzy: Wish USA made aluminum brain buckets were available :mad::cry: I got my neck broke wearin a plastic hard hat, my tin hat would have done a better job. Been reading some scary things about nock off Skull Bucket brand brain buckets.

Last edited:
Back