Skull buckets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Site looks fine from home network.

Next question: suspension. That no-name brand that has been selling tin hats the last couple of years has a pretty good design for the suspension, specifically how the back drops down in two pieces to hug both the upper and lower portions of a weird-shaped nugget like mine. What design are you guys using now? The last "Skull Bucket" branded one I had was OK, better than the old Mac-T, but not as good as the current no-name ones. The big reason I ask this is because protection is great when I get hit, but
suspension is all day, every day.

EDIT: I have examples of all 3 if you need pics

EDIT: oh, and not that I care, but where is the current generation of your product manufactured?

EDIT: for those of you who are wondering, what I am really asking is "why should I buy your 'Made in China' product over the other one I'm already pretty happy with?"

EDIT: make no mistake that I am happy to see competition in the tin hat market. We will all likely benefit from this, especially since we have a manufacturer rep in our midst.
madhatte, great questions.

The suspension you are referring to, the swing suspension, was a Skull Bucket original design. We will continue to offer this suspension, with some minor upgrades, so long as there is a demand for it. We keep around a thousand of them in stock at our warehouse, so they will be available for those who prefer that style suspension. We are currently testing a newly designed suspension for use only in the Skull Bucket aluminum hard hats. Once we have received the results from the independent testing lab we will get it into the market as an option.

The previous versions, including the inventory transferred when we purchased the company, were all stamped in China. At this time we will continue to work with the company in China to stamp our hard hats. The investment required to tool the dies needed to stamp the hats is substantial. Stamping the hats in the USA is something that we will continue to study as we grow the business, but at this time it is just not cost effective to move all of the operations into the US. I will reassure you though, that we work very closely with the oversees company that is doing our stamping. We have daily communications and on sight quality controls. ISO certification is in the near future.

Why should you buy an Authentic Skull Bucket aluminum hard hat? This is quiet simple really, the answer is quality. We receive our hats in raw form then complete all of the additional assemblies here in the USA at our facilities in Texas. We take a very hands on approach during which we inspect every hat, apply the powder coating in house, label with the required information in accordance with ANSI/ISEA standards, reinspect for quality control, package each hat with the required literature and hand pack each hat for it's final destination. We take the phrase "crafted to quality-without-question standards" very seriously here. We want to produce the highest quality aluminum hard hats on the market. We know our customers demand the Authentic Skull Bucket and we want them to know they are getting what they pay for.

Our company is founded on a group of people from very diverse backgrounds. We have assembled a team that has over a hundred years of experience is the safety, production, manufacturing, and the medical field. We believe we have the most brilliant and innovative minds in the safety industry. Our team members have treated traumatic brain injuries in trauma centers, studied the effects of cranial impacts and how to best prevent them, spent time with patients in post traumatic rehab facilities and responded to work site head injuries to gain first hand experience on how to prevent these types of accidents from happening. All of this to provide you with the best head protection on the market.

We spent an enormous amount of time and capital researching, testing and an ultimately producing a product that we will put our name on. The current production Skull Bucket hard hats have been independently lab tested for compliance to the current ANSI/ISEA Z89.1 Class 1 Type C-2014 Standard for Industrial Head Protection. The standard is very specific in what is required to make that claim. I would encourage you to look at the standard for yourself. Compare our hat to others and you can make your decision as to which meets the compliance requirements.

Safety is our first priority! The bottom line is, this is what we do. This is all we do. We focus one one simple thing and that is your safety. The hard hat is one piece in your personal protective ensemble. We believe it is the most important piece and this is why we focus on producing the the highest quality, most protective hard hat on the market. We will continue with this simple quest through innovation and product offerings. We have a grand vision for our company and will not stop working toward the goal of keeping you safe. After all Skull Bucket reinvented the aluminum hard hat. Buy the original, buy the best!

madhatte, great questions.

The suspension you are referring to, the swing suspension, was a Skull Bucket original design. We will continue to offer this suspension, with some minor upgrades, so long as there is a demand for it. We keep around a thousand of them in stock at our warehouse, so they will be available for those who prefer that style suspension. We are currently testing a newly designed suspension for use only in the Skull Bucket aluminum hard hats. Once we have received the results from the independent testing lab we will get it into the market as an option.

The previous versions, including the inventory transferred when we purchased the company, were all stamped in China. At this time we will continue to work with the company in China to stamp our hard hats. The investment required to tool the dies needed to stamp the hats is substantial. Stamping the hats in the USA is something that we will continue to study as we grow the business, but at this time it is just not cost effective to move all of the operations into the US. I will reassure you though, that we work very closely with the oversees company that is doing our stamping. We have daily communications and on sight quality controls. ISO certification is in the near future.

Why should you buy an Authentic Skull Bucket aluminum hard hat? This is quiet simple really, the answer is quality. We receive our hats in raw form then complete all of the additional assemblies here in the USA at our facilities in Texas. We take a very hands on approach during which we inspect every hat, apply the powder coating in house, label with the required information in accordance with ANSI/ISEA standards, reinspect for quality control, package each hat with the required literature and hand pack each hat for it's final destination. We take the phrase "crafted to quality-without-question standards" very seriously here. We want to produce the highest quality aluminum hard hats on the market. We know our customers demand the Authentic Skull Bucket and we want them to know they are getting what they pay for.

Our company is founded on a group of people from very diverse backgrounds. We have assembled a team that has over a hundred years of experience is the safety, production, manufacturing, and the medical field. We believe we have the most brilliant and innovative minds in the safety industry. Our team members have treated traumatic brain injuries in trauma centers, studied the effects of cranial impacts and how to best prevent them, spent time with patients in post traumatic rehab facilities and responded to work site head injuries to gain first hand experience on how to prevent these types of accidents from happening. All of this to provide you with the best head protection on the market.

We spent an enormous amount of time and capital researching, testing and an ultimately producing a product that we will put our name on. The current production Skull Bucket hard hats have been independently lab tested for compliance to the current ANSI/ISEA Z89.1 Class 1 Type C-2014 Standard for Industrial Head Protection. The standard is very specific in what is required to make that claim. I would encourage you to look at the standard for yourself. Compare our hat to others and you can make your decision as to which meets the compliance requirements.

Safety is our first priority! The bottom line is, this is what we do. This is all we do. We focus one one simple thing and that is your safety. The hard hat is one piece in your personal protective ensemble. We believe it is the most important piece and this is why we focus on producing the the highest quality, most protective hard hat on the market. We will continue with this simple quest through innovation and product offerings. We have a grand vision for our company and will not stop working toward the goal of keeping you safe. After all Skull Bucket reinvented the aluminum hard hat. Buy the original, buy the best!

Great information. Thanks.

So... just a thought.

Why is that extra plate on the inside and not on the outside, I've heard of them breaking loose after a severe impact, and it seems to me that having the extra plate out side supported by the rest of the hat would make more sense.

Also, while its good that you folks assemble in the states, I strongly encourage you to consider looking at different areas of the US for production, former auto, or aerospace areas would have the machines, know how, and be desperate for the work. Places like Michigan ahem Detroit... L.A. San Fransisco. Nearly anywhere in Ohio. All these places would have the experience and know how to run both hydroforms, punch presses, seam rollers, riviters, die makers etc.

Also this new suspension you speak of, will it work with just the new skull buckets or will it work with the old Mac T's? Cause I'd hate to have to give up on my Mac T because i couldn't fix the suspension.

I know I ask annoying questions, buy unfortunately I'm also very curious.

So... just a thought.

Why is that extra plate on the inside and not on the outside, I've heard of them breaking loose after a severe impact, and it seems to me that having the extra plate out side supported by the rest of the hat would make more sense.

Also, while its good that you folks assemble in the states, I strongly encourage you to consider looking at different areas of the US for production, former auto, or aerospace areas would have the machines, know how, and be desperate for the work. Places like Michigan ahem Detroit... L.A. San Fransisco. Nearly anywhere in Ohio. All these places would have the experience and know how to run both hydroforms, punch presses, seam rollers, riviters, die makers etc.

Also this new suspension you speak of, will it work with just the new skull buckets or will it work with the old Mac T's? Cause I'd hate to have to give up on my Mac T because i couldn't fix the suspension.

I know I ask annoying questions, buy unfortunately I'm also very curious.

Why is the extra plate on the inside? That is a great question, unfortunately not one I can answer without some research. When we purchased the company we did not change the overall design of the hat since we know it will pass the required testing. I will look through the documents that we received during company transfer to see if I can find the answer to your question. I would have to assume that it has more to do with eye appeal than anything. As with most hard hat manufacturers, our care and use manual plainly states that in the event the hat is subjected to a sever impact it should be taken out of service.

We have spend a tremendous amount of time traveling to, meeting and working with metal stampers around the USA. These companies are proud to produce products that are "Made in the USA". The results, unfortunately, have always been the same. The investment required to build the tooling to make our hat is just not cost effective at this time. We took control of the company in August, from that point forward we will exhaust every effort to bring all manufacturing into the US. The cost per hat would increase to the point that we just aren't sure we could recover from the capital investment. We are exploring additional options and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We will continue with our hands on approach to make sure that every hat that leaves our facilities is of the utmost quality.

Lastly, our suspension is a four point and should fit.0

I really don't know much about woodcutting helmets, just a casual cutter, the helmet I use is a Husqvarna, I like it fine except for one thing, the lining for the earmuffs are plastic which for me is very annoying, my ears sweat like crazy with the muffs down even in cold weather ! Does anyone make cloth lined earmuffs that are breathable ?

I really don't know much about woodcutting helmets, just a casual cutter, the helmet I use is a Husqvarna, I like it fine except for one thing, the lining for the earmuffs are plastic which for me is very annoying, my ears sweat like crazy with the muffs down even in cold weather ! Does anyone make cloth lined earmuffs that are breathable ?
These aren't helmets they're full brim hard hats no face shields or ear muffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Well; I have a NORTH and a Bullard full brim hard hat.
Searching for the aluminum 'Skull Bucket' brand briefly states that the U.S. and China are in some kind of disagreement over them. Anybody know what it is? :msp_confused:
Wow; time flies. Since 2011, I found a warehouse sell-out of the Skull Buckets, and bought one a few years later. I like it. Also added this winter time liner, and a washable sweatband for it.
SKULLINER.jpg

Everyboby loves discovering old abandoned cabins, mining sites and buildings.
Anyway, while way up in the moutains last week I found a run down trappers shack. In the rafters I found a metal Hard Boiled cat skinners hat. The porcupines had eaten the head liner. Where could I send the hat to get repaired?

Back