small bandsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi every one out there in sawmill land, first I would like to apoligize for my computer skills, or the lack of skills.
The above pictures are of my small band mill it will cut anything less than 24 in. and up to 17 ft 6 in long and any engine 6.5 hp to 13 hp, and can be built from new material for about $1000 and a few days work. It is very simple, hardy, easy to adjust and holds adjustment well, and will cut bevel siding.
There is many improvements that can incorporated to this mill but will increase the cost and the time to build.
In the past I tried to help some brother members build a mill but with my computer skills they got lost, I apologize.
Gene

Jerry I just build mills I usually make 1 cut just to check alignment, just put the pictures out maybe someone would like to build one, just copy it exactly all the bugs has ben worked out.

Jerry I just build mills I usually make 1 cut just to check alignment, just put the pictures out maybe someone would like to build one, just copy it exactly all the bugs has ben worked out.

Gene,

If you have any drawings with dimensions, that would help anyone wanting to copy your mill design.

jerry-

mini mill plans

I build my mills from memory, and its going away fast, I have more pictures, and can give you any info. that you want.

Where in Alaska are you located? I used to live in Anchorage & have a lot of family there, as well as up in Ambler & Kotzebue. Coming up for a visit this summer, would love to see one of these mills & maybe learn a hint or two if you would be so willing. Food & booz on me :)

Bilder, west diamond in Anchorage, same place 40 plus yrs, let me know, lota good coffee shops

Nice job on the mill.

I hear you guys get a free allotment of trees each year, if you file for a permit.

Building any homes? (log or timber)

good stuff gene. thanks a bunch for posting pics. i'm very interested in building a fairly simple mill like this. couple of q's for you:

what size rims/tires?
approx how wide is the carriage?
do both wheels have the in/out adjustment for tracking or just one?
does the drive belt ride on the tire? or is there a pulley behind the tire?

any more photos would be great if you have the chance. thanks again. :bowdown:

Hello folks, I just got an e-mail from Gene and it seems he is having some problems answering your questions die to some computer problems.
"Quote"
Dennis I posted sawmill pictures on the sawmill site and I must have did something wrong, anyway some guys are asking questions and I cant answer I would appreciate it if you would post on there and tell them to email me there address on the private message and I will answer, I must have broke a rule but don't know what, the story of my life, thanks Gene.
"End Quote"
From personal experience I can vouch for his knowledge and generosity when it comes to sawmills, I am working on one now and am using a fair few of Gene's ideas. He is, as we (oldies) say down here, a "top bloke".
Dennis.

I'm back

OK I'm back I a several day blank spot in my computer, anyone wanting more pictures send a email address, I also have some poorly wrote plans that I can send
Gene

size

Mike the frame is 1/8 in rectbuler tubeing 2 x 4 in 20 ft.
16 in tires on 8 in wheels on trailer hubs and spindles
frame , carriage and bunks are 24 in and the blade will cut a 18 in board and raise 22 in. 1/16 in. per click.
total weight is about 450 lb.
This little saw is solid doesn't shake or flex, it's a little 1 man pecker pole mill but will cut anything under 24 in, especially with a 13 hp. engine.
Gene

Latest posts

Back