Small Skidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
I cut cedar in northeast ky and also firewood. would like some input and pics of small skidders that would be good for what i need. thanks in advance

Deere 440's series a b c all good machines depending on how much abuse they have gotten.

Timberjack in the 200's i.e. 206 210 etc

Clark 664 or 666, though the 666 is more of a midsize skidder, and 664's are rare.

Garrett,CanCar,Treefarmer all about the same (all licensed from garrett) garrett 10-15-16 or 21's CanCar/Treefarmer C4 or C5

There are a few more out there, but more rare, Masey Furgeson, and Case both made skidders, Pettibone (If I remember they are the continuation of Treefarmer/Garrett)

If you plan on going with a small skidder then your pretty much looking at line skidders I.E. winch and chokers, putting a grapple on a smaller machine can be done, but its really not meant for it and will increase the center of gravity to absurd levels.

On the same note if you wan't a new skidder first they are stupid expensive and second no one makes a small one, Third they pretty much all come with grapples now. (If you do plan on buying new, can I have 20k its for a good cause...)

The John Deere 440B skidders feel like a lot more machine than the A's. If you come across a C then get it. They all have amount the exact same footprint and weight. The C's had a little wider tire. Lots of people in the north east still use them.

The John Deere 440B skidders feel like a lot more machine than the A's. If you come across a C then get it. They all have amount the exact same footprint and weight. The C's had a little wider tire. Lots of people in the north east still use them.

Wasn't the C longer? I know they could be setup with a grapple.

Anymore a 648 is "small"... I mean shoot the 948 can about carry a 648 in its geapple.

Back