Small time firewood sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well glad to hear this place is keeping you busy. With the other dealers sorta drying up you are the default referral for folks looking for a new Husky as you have many happy customers here.

I carry 2 cords on the truck and dump trailer combined usually, so I don't have to head back to load up. When I'm in the city, I have fully stocked stash of seasoned wood down that way so I don't have to make a 50 minute trip back home. I'm a small operation so I have to be as efficient as possible.

UPDATE:

Some of these:
IMG_20160824_155829646_zpsdbgc0u1j.jpg

To this:
IMG_20160824_185113343_zpsb3ggf9tp.jpg

More of these:
IMG_20160824_150040211_zpsnkv3nguk.jpg

To this:
IMG_20160826_141513710_zpskvz01ddy.jpg

Some blood, sweat, and tears, I finish with this:
IMG_20160831_162559827_zps7qmn6qwu.jpg

5 cord. Don't adjust your screen or spectacles. 2 face cord are off the drive in the right of the pic and a full cord is to the left not even in the picture. I wasn't restacking wood for a picture. The last ten face cord are recent.

I'm in between two major cities. Too far from either to justify the trip, one cord at a time.

I'm gonna try some different avenues for advertising but what has worked for you?

True case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease: I was complaining to myself how I'm always cutting small stuff while my woods is full of healthy large trees, hence why I'm cutting the small ones, they are already dead. I was even debating on leaving my big saw at the house. Then I come across a good size standing dead. Make my face cut, not only is it solid, it's Red Oak.

Not sure the ole truck or the ole back was as happy as my mind was about it:

IMG_20160907_133500687_zpsjdhxa078.jpg

I was trying to get to 5 cord by the end of today. I was almost to 4 by Wednesday night. I was debating on cutting yesterday or today, went ahead and finished yesterday and it started raining about an hour after. Now I have 5 cord to hand split by next Friday, my personal deadline. It should all split easily and everything but the Red Oak is light so if I could get a breeze and a drop in temperature/humidity I'll be fine.

Once I'm done splitting next week I'm going to push for some advertising then I think I'm gonna take a break from wood cutting for a bit. Seems goofy to work in the 90+ summer and lay off once it's cooling down but I wanna go squirrel hunting, get ready for deer season, and have some campfires and cookouts with friends and family. I'll go back to it, I'm just gonna take a break.

Haven't been on here in a coons age. Sales have been slow. The highs are still 60+ so I can't blame people and I love working in this weather so I can't complain. Its supposed to drop this weekend, every time its predicted I get a few more calls, if it was in full swing I really think I'd have my small amount gone.

Sure enough once October hit every Joe Schmoe around started listing firewood. "Seasoned hardwood". Insert picture of a pile behind a splitter that came from a tree that was cut a week ago. I'm the only local one who has pictures of stacked, grey wood.

Midwest getting up to 18" of snow in the next 48 hours. That ought to get things going.
I'll take a little of that snow and trade them some 75* temps. Kept a fire, or basicaly just a bed of coals for two days. No fire tonite. Almost finished stacking next years wood in shed today. Aint sweated that much in months.

Latest posts

Back