Snellerized Saws Conquers the 75cc 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As of late, I've been tackling the saws I'm either not as fond of or have had less than stellar luck with. This time around it's the 75cc 372XPW topend. My goal was to find the power in this topend that should be afforded by those extra few ccs. The 75cc cylinder has a few disadvantages that make it a little more difficult to get the kind of results from that I demand. As a result, I've also chosen to work with the standard 71cc variety. I've picked up some new tricks on other recent projects and realized that they should apply here. There was only one way to find out. TRY IT! And that's exactly what I did. I couldn't be more pleased. This saw is 11% stronger, averaged across the entire powerband. That's disproportionately more than the cc advantage would suggest. I couldn't be more pleased. Additionally, this saw is on it's very first tank of fuel, only having been run a couple cuts to tune it before making this video. It's a brand new saw. Also, it's only running a single port muffler where as the 71cc has a triple port muffler on it.

Take a look for yourself.

71cc

75cc

I am very interested in this thread. I went against your previous advice and bought a 75cc cylinder kit for my 2165, ordered it last Friday. It looks like I made the correct decision going big bore. :D

I am very interested in this thread. I went against your previous advice and bought a 75cc cylinder kit for my 2165, ordered it last Friday. It looks like I made the correct decision going big bore. :D
As long as it's ported correctly. From what I understand, this cylinder was designed for the cutoff saw which turns lower RPMs. The transfers need a lot of work, work that has to be done with a right angle handpiece.

As of late, I've been tackling the saws I'm either not as fond of or have had less than stellar luck with. This time around it's the 75cc 372XPW topend. My goal was to find the power in this topend that should be afforded by those extra few ccs. The 75cc cylinder has a few disadvantages that make it a little more difficult to get the kind of results from that I demand. As a result, I've also chosen to work with the standard 71cc variety. I've picked up some new tricks on other recent projects and realized that they should apply here. There was only one way to find out. TRY IT! And that's exactly what I did. I couldn't be more pleased. This saw is 11% stronger, averaged across the entire powerband. That's disproportionately more than the cc advantage would suggest. I couldn't be more pleased. Additionally, this saw is on it's very first tank of fuel, only having been run a couple cuts to tune it before making this video. It's a brand new saw. Also, it's only running a single port muffler where as the 71cc has a triple port muffler on it.

Take a look for yourself.

71cc

75cc

Nice!!...75cc never checked up one time regardless of rpm range.

As long as it's ported correctly. From what I understand, this cylinder was designed for the cutoff saw which turns lower RPMs. The transfers need a lot of work, work that has to be done with a right angle handpiece.
I'm holding an oe 372 and a 75cc cylinder in my hands side by side and the only difference between the two cylinders is the restricted transfer tunnels and bore size. The ports are all identical shape and location. Exact same timing.

I'm holding an oe 372 and a 75cc cylinder in my hands side by side and the only difference between the two cylinders is the restricted transfer tunnels and bore size. The ports are all identical shape and location. Exact same timing.
Port timing numbers are different, you have to use a degree wheel, as .020" .040" is a bit hard to eye up lol.

BTW them saws run well enough, I guess.[emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back