Snellerized Saws Conquers the 75cc 372XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to look at the rpms from Brads video, and got exactly the same numbers he showed. It's funny to read guys trashing the method - I wonder if they feel insecure about their own claims?
You get a chance check my video.... We will see how accurate my claims were....I would have to look on a different site to see the thread I did on building that saw to what the tach was reading though

I remember when ole Brad stated you couldnt port a 375K cylinder for a chainsaw. Back in 08-09 time frame.

My 372 had a dozerdan ported 375K cylinder on it before the XPW 74.66cc saws were ever out.

Heck I remember it even beating your 066 660 in the 10x10 racing gtg we had back in 08.

Glad to see you not giving up on trying to make those 75cc cylinders work for ya. ;)

Azz in your face is 375K gas woods ported saw.

I can't help that I'm just a little slow....errrr a lot slow :)

Please don't take this personal, but as long as this site continues to allow the kind of crap that's been left in this thread, I don't know that I care to publically share the details of my builds. It doesn't have to be this way. No one has been more open with their work than I have. I wish it could stay that way.

I doubt I'll do another 375k build....80$ for just that piston is annoying. Chainsaw Jim is right....it's a lot of grinding.
What's another $30-$40 if it makes a stronger saw? If the saw's built right, it's not going to be needing replacements anytime soon. And that's not a shot at your misfortune either.

You get a chance check my video.... We will see how accurate my claims were....I would have to look on a different site to see the thread I did on building that saw to what the tach was reading though
Sure, I've got a couple to look at. I'm afraid I'm not sure which video though - could you re-post the link?

I remember when ole Brad stated you couldnt port a 375K cylinder for a chainsaw. Back in 08-09 time frame.

My 372 had a dozerdan ported 375K cylinder on it before the XPW 74.66cc saws were ever out.

Heck I remember it even beating your 066 660 in the 10x10 racing gtg we had back in 08.

Glad to see you not giving up on trying to make those 75cc cylinders work for ya. ;)

Azz in your face is 375K gas woods ported saw.

There was at least one more that had great results with the 51.4 mm at an early stage - but he no longer was active on the AS at the time.

Sure, I've got a couple to look at. I'm afraid I'm not sure which video though - could you re-post the link?
i just watched it again and may be hard to get a good consitent sampling off it, i am just curious if it is holding as good of RPM as the tach showed since it is rather difficult to hold the tach and run the saw with the slow refresh rates of those tachs. that is an 18" .325 bar with new K1L chain on a stock rebuilt saw....base gasket delete, healthy muffler mod, very minor deburring of ports

Please don't take this personal, but as long as this site continues to allow the kind of crap that's been left in this thread, I don't know that I care to publically share the details of my builds. It doesn't have to be this way. No one has been more open with their work than I have. I wish it could stay that way.
It's only a saw Brad, by the way that pop up and cut cylinder you did for me on the 346 screamed after I did a little grinding. I got another one to do if I ever get the time.

i just watched it again and may be hard to get a good consitent sampling off it, i am just curious if it is holding as good of RPM as the tach showed since it is rather difficult to hold the tach and run the saw with the slow refresh rates of those tachs. that is an 18" .325 bar with new K1L chain on a stock rebuilt saw....base gasket delete, healthy muffler mod, very minor deburring of ports

Looking at the second part (from 25 to 30s, where you were using the tach), I got 11,160rpm. The first part was very similar.

Looking at the second part (from 25 to 30s, where you were using the tach), I got 11,160rpm. The first part was very similar.
thank you...my rpm was fairly accurate but my memory sucked on what i was running for a bar and chain. here is the chain that was on it. i thought it was new and 18" but i was thinking wrong.

"That is a 20" .325 B&C in white pine that has been dead awhile.....my tree service is slacking on bringing me a new log to cut on. The saw feels plenty strong in the cut and the tach was reading between 10500 to 11500 in the last part of that video. Not bad for a 50cc saw even if it is rotten pine. "
http://************************/forums/attachments/as-002-jpg.89459/

Back