Snellerized Saws Meets the Stihl MS261C II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want your 261's to cut even faster Try some Stihl RMS 1/4" "Special" carving chain. I've been swapping back and forth between this 1/4" chain and stihl picco chisel 3/8" on my 261. This 1/4" is much better in every cutting situation even though it's semi chisel. ....cuts faster, stays sharp waaaay longer and bar/ chain is much cooler to the touch after running. It cuts faster, rips faster, bores faster, bias cuts faster. Smoother too.

I've been using several types of 1/4" chain for carving for over 20 years...but nothing is as smooth and fast as this stihl 1/4" carving chain.....even in non-carving applications. The tie straps are same thickness as 3/8" ps chain, just shorter( which in my opinion makes them tougher)
With all the mods you guys do I'm surprised you never experiment with 1/4" chain.

The Stihl lo pro chisel is great chain. I have a spool of it myself. But in my opinion if you're running a 16" bar on the 261 then 1/4" is better in every way.

My 3/8" picco chisel chain is mostly used on my 441.

Back