snow in south carolina

• Thread starter Deleted member 116684
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 116684

The world stops. School is cancelled and the governor declares a state of emergency. Really. We rarely get anything other than ice so we all take the day off and have fun. As a kid I got really excited and as an adult with kids I still enjoy watching it fall while they get excited. Snow men and snow ball fights that we only get to do once a year if we get lucky. Think I'll get another beer and watch the snow fall...

I hear ya inmansc... Here in mid-GA its few and far between as well and shuts everything down. But the kids do enjoy it as best they can. About the only thing exciting other than the kids wearing the white stuff out, is watching all the idiot drivers seeing how fast they can end up in ditches, Lol. Like you said, great time to grab another cold one and kick back.

The world stops. School is cancelled and the governor declares a state of emergency. Really. We rarely get anything other than ice so we all take the day off and have fun. As a kid I got really excited and as an adult with kids I still enjoy watching it fall while they get excited. Snow men and snow ball fights that we only get to do once a year if we get lucky. Think I'll get another beer and watch the snow fall...

Grew up in Hawaii so I enjoy seeing it come down too. They've canceled school here so often I've been thinking about home schooling. Pretty sad when a guy born and raised in Hawaii can drive in winter weather better than a lot of "mainland" folk.

Yep we got powdered in NC too. Up here, everything went haywire -- lots of nuts on the road who can't drive. I had the necessity of being out in the storm when it was blowing pretty hard. Saw several really doofus-drivers. One guy on the interstate got loose, and wound up in the median (facing the other direction). Most of it is melted here today. It was great while it lasted. Enjoyed my coffee! :D

it melted here today too but we built a snow man and got to knock it over. Maybe next year it will happen again...

Here in northern pa . They don't cancel school unless it's 20 below windchill or a foot of snow in one night . As a kid seems we never got snow days .

Here in northern pa . They don't cancel school unless it's 20 below windchill or a foot of snow in one night . As a kid seems we never got snow days .
Here if 2 snow flakes hold hands, and somebody runs in the ditch -- they call off everything but emergency services :laugh:

I wonder how many accindents happen by passing or tailgating on icy roads. However hitting black ice will put almost any vehicle into a tailspin.
and idiot drivers!! how can like me,, you live in iowa all your life,, drive in it all winter, and when next winter comes,, you don't slow down one ounce for slippery roads!!!!! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::laughing::laughing:

Latest posts

Back