Snowing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This has to be the warmest winter I can remember. I have had about 1 maybe 2 inches of snow in my lawn this year. Just fertilized it early this week. Now they are calling for snow. HumBug. I was going to till my garden and plant a few taters. Now its panic mode, have to get the milk and bread. 70*f this week, was hoping to not have to restart a fire, not going to happen. Freeze warning tonite, all the trees are budding and sure to get frost bit. Winter, you had 6 months to show up and didnt, Now its time to give it up and let it become spring.

We're looking at 8-15 inches on Tuesday, this past Friday I was out shooting in a T-shirt. It's crazy how the temps can jump around like that!

Pretty weak winter for us too. Only used the snowblower once. I'd guess 20" total for us so far last year I had 75". But Wyoming and MT had record snows so you just never know. We still have a month left so I'm not putting the snow removal stuff away yet.

We had a couple of decent storms this winter and zero storms last winter. I make a few $$ from plowing but I just as soon not have any more snow but, they are calling for a noreaster on Tuesday! I am going to have to spend Monday moving my half pallets of firewood from out of the driveway...LOL
The video I saw on the weather channel app said it could be measured in feet..YIKES!

Still low single hugits/below zero at nught here. Highs in the 20s. Snow is starting to melt.

70s... maybe in late June!

Snow finally melting off here after a record winter. Can't wait to get up & do some cutting.

I don't have any way to get up in the hills/mountains in winter time that would haul any wood. Snowmobile won't do much. 5-6 ft of snow is too much for my truck.

Cold here before Christmas, average in Jan. Had a real warm spell for about a week in Feb. It was 50 two days ago, snow yesterday, 10 here this morning, high of 20 with 40 mph gusts all day. 5 above predicted for tomorrow morning, blizzard conditions predicted for Tues. Typical southern New England.

My Dad said it was -5* in Maine, just got off the phone 20 mins ago. Calling for 8-12" tomorrow.

I'm just south of Nashville and it's been snowing on our drive for a while.

Mudstopper-I'm hoping to be in your neck of the woods next month for some turkey hunting. Will look you up if I make it.

Really weird weather. Birch trees are budding because of the warm February, luckily the Apple trees haven't. 2 Wednesday's ago we had 60mph wind gusts and lost power for a day. This past Wednesday 70mph winds and power just came on about 3 hours ago. Woodstove and generator made life easier to take.

I'm just south of Nashville and it's been snowing on our drive for a while.

Mudstopper-I'm hoping to be in your neck of the woods next month for some turkey hunting. Will look you up if I make it.
Never Turkey hunted in my life. I do see them regular in the field below my house. Field is private with a ahole owner, but the woods are government game lands. Game wardens have been staking it out lately trying to catch some spot lighting poachers. Theres Turkeys on my wifes farm as well, so if you cant find a place to hunt, I can get you on a spot. you'll have to make your own luck though. :lol:

Never Turkey hunted in my life. I do see them regular in the field below my house. Field is private with a ahole owner, but the woods are government game lands. Game wardens have been staking it out lately trying to catch some spot lighting poachers. Theres Turkeys on my wifes farm as well, so if you cant find a place to hunt, I can get you on a spot. you'll have to make your own luck though. :lol:
Good to know. Sounds like my uncle has a good spot near his house but if things dry up I'll take you up on that.

Sounds like you got a couple inches of snow last night. My uncle posted pictures on FB this morning.

Back