So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 hours running a 30 year old switching locomotive. Traveled just under 80 miles in 12 hours. Half forwards, half backwards. Felt like we handled every railcar on the railroad. I'm not too tired to have a beer or five - have two days off.

Yesterday here was freezing rain and car accidents all over the place. Today we hit 60. So I got a little asphalt therapy this afternoon. Only needed a hoodie to keep warm gotta love it !!IMG_20141123_162827_857.jpg

got a little load of hard wood gave the super ez and xl925 something to gnaw on in the rain.
tested my leaf springs just a little.
That's a nice looking buggy you have there. What year is that? And how about a pic of the xl925. I have one I'm wrenching on here now

That's a nice looking buggy you have there. What year is that? And how about a pic of the xl925. I have one I'm wrenching on here now
Thank you. Truck is a 97, but most of the wood was cut with this lil guy, only cut 4 pieces with the 925 that I couldn't reach with the super ez. sorry don't have any pics of the 925

Worked on a couple of Dolmars today, a 3400 top handle and a 5100s. Top handle needs a carb kit and the 5100 has low compression and will at least need a ring job. At most I guess a p/c might be required. The piston actually looked good through the exhaust port but something's keeping the compression low and it doesn't have a compression release.
Yep, kinda forgot to mention, Church in the AM also..

Dismantled half of a Husky 240e just to get to the carburetor. Once there, I pulled the little bugger and put a new Zama kit in it hoping it would solve my run on choke only problems. It did! Now to tune it, but it's raining pretty heavy, so that part may have to wait.

Well let's see

1. Went to work and shot 100' of rock on a trench job

2. Picked up my daughters from my dads went and got my 2101 to cut some locust

3. Fought with the ex wife a bit
4. Watched a house burn down while the girls and I cut and loaded a cord of locust
5. Grilled some steak and cooked some rice with cininmon and sugar, (girls' favorite)

5. Sounds a lot like rice pudding Yum!

It's close to rice pudding. I just boil the rice, drain it and then they add cininmon and sugar to taste. I have to be careful though, they would use a pound of sugar if I didn't watch!!

nothing .........but i did receive a ham from my boss for thankgiving today (i was hoping for one of his ms660 but the ham will do .....lol)

Well, I spent a bit of time working in the shop yesterday afternoon. I cleaned off a shelf and made room for my saws to get off the floor. The shop looks much better. I will take a photo when I get it reorganized from all the stuff I took off the shelf. :)

Back