So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked 8 hours, played with a 262xp and took my daughter to the Pens v Hawks game for her birthday!
f50cb6130fbfe991b63786c08d75fb83.jpg
LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I am saying this but Go Pens Go. The Jets could overtake Chicago in the standings if they only get 1 point tonight.

Jets up 4 -0 over CBJ after 2.

Sorry you didnt get the help you wanted!

Oh well, at this point I would almost rather be below them in the standings. I would love to go in to the United Center and in the playoffs and keep our winning streak going. 3 + 0 in there so far this season.

I cut some firewood today. :rock:

First, I cut a load for my Mom. She still cuts a lot of her own firewood, splits it too. Although, these days she has a splitter. She hand split her wood up until she hit 60. She has a couple big box huskys, I don't remember what models but, they are somewhere between 39 & 45 cc's. At this point, I just supplement her firewood stash. So today, I got her a load. Great excuse to see her, & I usually get fed when stopping by.

Supposed to be crap the next few days, rain/snow starting tomorrow. Thought I'd get another load for myself. I've probably got enough to last the rest of the winter but, why cut it close ? Brought down an easy access oak.

fw1_zps902543c2.jpg

Got lucky, & dropped er right where I wanted to. Hey..... I'd rather be lucky than good ;)

Was nice to get out & give the new bar & chain some work today, I must admit. Went through this one like butter. I didn't measure it but, the base was 18-20"

fw2_zpsab95ebfc.jpg

Getting a little later in the day, didn't feel like splitting it so, I just loaded er up in my hunting/firewood/general woods truck

fw3_zps83fd6bbf.jpg

Admittedly, was quite a load. Probably a little more than I should've put in it. However, I wanted to get it all. The firewood vultures around here would've had it on their pile by breakfast for sure.

Maggie approved. She was snoozing on my lap before I pulled back into my driveway....

fw4_zps435a883d.jpg

Hope others had a good day too. Maggie & I will probably fall asleep in the recliner before too long....

Monkeyed with a Stihl 028, tried another carb -- pulled out several more hairs. The "landing strip" on top is getting larger, and muh eyes are bulgin, and muh blood pressure just snapped the gauge on the cuff. Pulled a few more times, (restrained myself from slinging it across the yard) then put it back under the bench.

I took the day off of work, which I shouldn't have done, to head down to Mississippi for the day. I took the Tanaka 3351 down there to visit my Mom and Dad, and prune their trees. Came home with a load of kindling, and a warm feeling in my heart after visiting my folks.

Culled old utility bills and shredded them, archived years worth of credit card statements, gave a couple flight lessons to my volunteer apprentice kids, slashed and burned debris in the garden and have that ready to till, went to an estate sale and got a 5' prybar and a 4 drawer file cabinet for $15 total, then stopped and ordered a pizza from a new place we hadn't tried yet. meh.

Topped a tall skinny tree and chopped her up for next year's firewood. Tree number 5 I have taken out of the front yard - 2nd one I had to top. Used spikes and a climbing rope. Tried using a low box to catch the woodchips - worked pretty well, got 5 boxes full that didn't need to be cleaned up. Got to play with my new Echo CS350T and my old recently repaired and modded Husky 55 Rancher. IMG_1931.jpg IMG_1920.jpg IMG_1921.jpg IMG_1923.jpg IMG_1929.jpg Tried to ignore all the news about deflated footballs...

More end of year paperwork this morning, went to an estate sale, assembled 3 MS390 engines, cleaned up some chainsaw parts, made supper for Groundi as she's doing final packing for her trip tomorrow, made some phone calls, wrote some emails, shredded about 10 more pounds of old documents.

Went to the local shop and bought a Homelite Super XL parts saw. I got it home and found out that this saw is better than the saw I was getting parts for so guess I'll fix this one up. I put a little fuel in the exhaust port and it fired right up although the piston looked a little rough. It didn't come with a muffler so I ordered one for it. It's too cold outside for me to clean the saws up so they may remain dirty until it warms up a bit. I generally clean them with Purple Power and then hose them off but it's not warm enough for them to dry off.

Back