So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent about half a day waiting for internet service to be fixed. Well, actually I did other things while I waited, nothing interesting..I think I already mentioned putting my muffler on today. I'm down to one saw that needs worked on and I imagine it will need a fairly complete teardown. It's a 330EVL Echo with the shortest bar on a saw that I've ever seen, I think it may be shorter than a foot.

Went out to put the battery charger on the Silverado. Found the hood latch stuck so sprayed some penetrating lube and worked it a bit. Should do that every 18 years whether it needs it or not. Did the tailgate latch last year. Both like new now.

Took the cat muffler off the 346 and put on the newly modded OEM non-cat muffler. Too late to start it and adjust the carb, though. That'll have to wait until Wednesday now. I'll try to find time to post pics of the muffler then, but you've all seen it before anyway, I'm sure. I think I did a tidy job - put a hole 7/16" by 1-1/8" on the bar side under a 288 deflector. The top hole had already been opened up to the size of the deflector top by the previous owner of the muffler.

Spent about half a day waiting for internet service to be fixed. Well, actually I did other things while I waited, nothing interesting..I think I already mentioned putting my muffler on today. I'm down to one saw that needs worked on and I imagine it will need a fairly complete teardown. It's a 330EVL Echo with the shortest bar on a saw that I've ever seen, I think it may be shorter than a foot.
I can solve that saw shortage problem for you. Whatcha wanna mess with? I've got plenty of projects. lol

I can solve that saw shortage problem for you. Whatcha wanna mess with? I've got plenty of projects. lol
I'll keep your offer in mind, right now it's too cold to work on anything and I have an unheated building to work in so I'm just enjoying the moment. Our weather this time of year can get to 10 below or 60 degrees. Last week I managed to fix a couple of saws, this week I'm mostly watching tv or playing with my computer. I'll get started on the Echo when it does warm up but looks to be a few days. You'd think my wife would let me work on saws in the house when weather is bad but she says house is hard enough to clean without having saws in there..

Today what I did had no relation to what I intended to do today. Started out with my daughter's phone ringing, I found that and took it to her. She was needed as a substitute teacher and school was starting in just minutes. She was out the door in a jiffy and on her way. I started in on paperwork, emails and my usual morning activity...I was about to start a project of laying trim tile above the kitchen countertops when the power went out. Snap! Reported that, tried to take the van to the hangar but that was stuck (on level ground) due to all the rain we got last night. Got the truck out, loaded up some saws in case the roads were blocked (strong winds) and went to the hangar for a while. Came back about the same time the power came back on. By this time I needed to check on some stuff in the shop and got distracted by a partially assembled saw. Finished that and ran it a bit in some wood. Went back into the house and carried on with my day. Maybe Wednesday it will be dry enough I can get the trailer and tractor out to accomplish the other task I planning on. Ate cereal for supper and am now taking a break as it's 9:30pm and I'm worn out.

shoveled 14+ inches of snow.....and cleaned a few feet of snow off the roof to keep ice dams from forming

next house is going to have a steep metal roof, no gutters and a driveway without 3 foot retaining walls on both side!

I went to the mailbox and my muffler finally came for another Super XL I'm putting together. I've gathered up almost enough parts to get started but I'm gonna wait for warmer weather. I think I'll still need to find a piston but that shouldn't be hard, they made thousands of them..

20150202_140217.jpg I bent coated rebar yesterday with the manual bender and gonna start tying it up today for a sludge sump. Old school benders will make a man out of ya. 5/8 6000 psi rebar.

Helped a buddy set up his house electrical panel so he can power it with his portable generator during a utility power outage. This was my first breaker interlock job. Pretty cool deal. Got him set up for legal, safe generator power for about $200.00 including all the wiring from the house to an out-building where the generator resides, power cord and all. Now, when the lights go out, he just fires up the generator, plugs in the cord, goes to the panel, shuts off the main and branch breakers, moves the interlock slide, and turns on the generator breaker, and turns on individual branch breakers to give him lighting and convenience power as well as his furnace blower, fridge, freezers, and pumps.

Today was a great day. Didn't spend a single minute in the office, instead drove 2 hours to a job site to consult on a timber frame cottage under construction. Always a joy to see the big timbers but the scenery isn't so bad either. I can't wait to go back in summer with everything isn't frozen and covered in snow...20150205_110810.jpg 20150205_110825.jpg 20150205_110937.jpg 20150205_110953.jpg 20150205_111121.jpg 20150205_111135.jpg
Trucks parked in the middle of the lake. 20150205_111148.jpg 20150205_110825.jpg 20150205_110937.jpg 20150205_110953.jpg 20150205_111135.jpg
Helicopter landing pad. 20150205_111805.jpg

Attachments

• 20150205_110814.jpg
    20150205_110814.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 7
  • 20150205_111140.jpg
    20150205_111140.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
I feel like such a whimp!! Turning Christmas ornaments for friends and family out of scrap ash. Gotta do something with all this left over wood. Would much rather be building cabins or catching steelhead, but also babysitting 18 mo granddaughter. Don't want to leave my wife too have to do this all by herself.image.jpg

Borrowed a large tractor operated rototiller from a buddy and screwed the thing up before I even got it off the trailer. I missed a tie down strap and it bent the rear door. Had to remove that to fix it. It stretched the metal so I had to cut some kerfs on it so I could straighten it. Then I had to weld the cuts shut and painted it up and assembled it. Got the garden tilled and loaded the tractor and tiller back on the trailer. Sold a $50 saw, did some paperwork and ate bean dip and corn chips for supper. Didn't run a saw except to start the one the guy was buying. I also told him how to install new fuel lines on his Poulan.

I've been looking for a decent house at a nice price for two or three years now. The problem is, the cheap houses are a mess and the rest are too expensive for me. I did mention I was retired somewhere on here. Wife wants to live around here so that gives me less to choose from.

Finally decided... my luck tho that 572xp releases next month.......if it's only 1/2 lb lighter than this hog I won't care tho lol

Back