So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was hot here today so after church, a bit of shopping, looking at a potential rental house and picking up a pizza, I watched tv with my son a bit then went to the shop and spun up 6 chains to fit some new bars I got in. Boxed em up and came back into the air conditioned house. I was going to load up some lumber for tomorrow's job but decided to defer...

Not quite as hot here, after church got a little bored sitting in the house so went out and tore down my MS270, preparing it for a rebuild. Soaked most of it in Simple Green for awhile then hosed it off, I'll put it back together later next week.

Went to church this morning and took an short nap in the afternoon. After that, got that stupid stuck bolt loose on my BP blower. Earlier, I had an idea how to seal that fuel line on the Super 2. A machine screw screwed into the purge line and I am looking for a non-holey cap for the fuel tank.

Just cleaned my gutters tonight. 2 five gallon buckets of maple seeds in them. Plenty of them were sprouting up there. And they did stink like all get out after laying around in water up there. Wife almost puked emptying the bucket when I sent it down. Was worth it just to see her gagging.

Just cleaned my gutters tonight. 2 five gallon buckets of maple seeds in them. Plenty of them were sprouting up there. And they did stink like all get out after laying around in water up there. Wife almost puked emptying the bucket when I sent it down. Was worth it just to see her gagging.
Thats just wrong there! Im telling big red!

It was another tough day. Got out of bed by 9:15 or so. Watched a little tv and had me a glass of choc. milk. Wife suggested lunch out and I agreed.

We ate at Arby's at about 2pm. A late lunch is better cause everyone is already done eating and it's much less crowded. Ran to Home Depot to buy a new shower head, one in particular. They were out of stock. Bastards!

So, we then headed back home as it was too hot out. 103 and rising. Got inside and turned the a/c on. Hit my recliner, turned on the boob tube and promptly took a nap. Woke up and then surfed a couple of internet forums.

Yup, it was a trying day. But hey, someone has gotta do it. :)

Worked 1/2 a day then went home to clean the condensing coil on the AC.
Saw the neighbor outside so i went over to talk. I noticed a Echo blower in the corner collecting dust, he said i could have it for the 16.00 that i owe him.

Reconnected a fuel line and pushed in the tank grommet then 5 pulls and it's running!

Anybody need a complete Stihl 017 saw? Newer chain and it runs if you prime it. It will continue to crank as long as it is warm.
Only 115lbs. compression. The piston is polished/worn due to bad air filter.
Rebuilt carb, new fuel line, filter. It is just a POS 017.

Fixed a widow woman's riding mower, starter bendix jammed, she insisted on paying me and shoved a bill into the hand holding my tools. Didn't look at the bill till i got back down to my house and now i feel bad, it was a 50.
I will have to find something she needs/likes or fix something only if i can fix it for free.
I went down to her house to help her out as i do for most of my neighbors, just pay for parts and i am happy.

She says that it would have cost twice that to call someone out or get someone to haul it to a shop. She says she got a deal but i still feel bad. Cantankerous old woman will not listen to reason and threatened to go cut a switch if continued to argue the point.

Women, try to do the right thing and still end up gettin your ass whipped!!!

Just a normal hot day in the neighborhood.

Got out at daylight. Did plenty of yard work. Headed back when that was done and built a MS260 pro. Very nice. Got some more things done then cooked supper for the family to come in. All the kids were present and the future son-in-law (that still sounds funny -- saying it!). My parents came over as well. It reminded me looking at them how time really flies. Mom is 74 and Dad is 76. I am sitting here wondering where the years went, and looking at my grown kids. I remember when each of them came into the world. God is good, life is short, and I hope to invest my life in things that will outlast time. Friday is coming, better get ready!

Got out at daylight. Did plenty of yard work. Headed back when that was done and built a MS260 pro. Very nice. Got some more things done then cooked supper for the family to come in. All the kids were present and the future son-in-law (that still sounds funny -- saying it!). My parents came over as well. It reminded me looking at them how time really flies. Mom is 74 and Dad is 76. I am sitting here wondering where the years went, and looking at my grown kids. I remember when each of them came into the world. God is good, life is short, and I hope to invest my life in things that will outlast time. Friday is coming, better get ready!
What an awesome day!

So I finished assembling an MS390 early this morning, fired it up briefly (runs bad, needs carb tweaking) then spent the day working with some apprentices. I then spent about three hours mowing the airstrip (finished in the rain) and came home to get out of the heat and relax a bit.
Well, that was when I heard "the fridge quit working" and we're planning on leaving in the morning for a 10 day trip to Michigan. So now it's after 10:30pm and I just sat down to relax. I'll pack in the morning. I'll order parts for the fridge and they'll be here when we get back. (bad thermistor). It's always something, eh?

Spent most of the day with the kids and running to doc appointments. But I did find time to grind out the dividers on my 2166 transfer port covers. I can't wait to see how it runs now.

Looks like we're all in for a long, hot, epic summer. I predict that this will be a summer that everyone remembers for one reason or another.

I personally am pleading for some rain! Went out before daylight this morning -- it looks like either heavy dew or a light sprinkle last night. Our grass here is brown and crunchy -- no need to mow this week. Happy Friday ALL!

Brf0gOMIUAAAKLo.png

I personally am pleading for some rain! Went out before daylight this morning -- it looks like either heavy dew or a light sprinkle last night. Our grass here is brown and crunchy -- no need to mow this week. Happy Friday ALL!
We would gladly give you some of our rain. It rained yesterday, most of today and it's supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday. There goes my saw hunting this weekend...

Back