So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the MS270 back together again and I must say it is quite a smooth running saw. Still has a thing or two to take care of, may take the tool less chain adjuster off and replace it with conventional and I noticed the chain brake didn't work. Took it apart and the band that goes around the drum is broken. I imagine my local shop has one.

Finished raking the yard of my 16 pine tree removal side job. Then Big Red ordered me a pair of Big Buc spike pads and new straps for my fathers day gift. She bought me dinner at Olive Garden and bought me a gift card to buy music for my phone. Great day with the family

Brf0gOMIUAAAKLo.png

Ported?

Church first, went into the back yard and noticed a limb down so decided to cut it up. I grabbed my trusty MS250 and....it wouldn't start. So I grabbed an 021 and finished the cutting. Checked out the 250 and noticed it only had 110 compression so I took it apart (just happened to have a spare new piston) and put the piston in the engine. Noticed the old piston had stuck rings. So now it sits all apart while the sealer in the engine dries. Put it together in the morning..

Put the new Big Buc pads on my spikes today. Can't believe how much more substantial they are than the cheap ones that come with them. Can't wait to try them out Sunday. Thanks to my beautiful wife for a great father's day gift.

Taking a break from saws to work on my car, it's making a grinding noise from the front so I decided to change the wheel bearings. I hope that's all that's wrong with it, bout ready to make a trade..
I presume you checked the brakes while you are under there... And the axle if it is front wheel drive...

I presume you checked the brakes while you are under there... And the axle if it is front wheel drive...
I at first thought it was coming from the rear so checked it out and it was okay, drove it some more and decided it was the front. The brakes appear to be excellent, front and back. The front bearing has just been replaced loosely for the time being but I'm gonna check the axle to make sure that's not my problem. I've replaced axles before but not on this car, yet. The noise definitely sounded like a wheel bearing.

Finished putting together a '92 Husky 262 - just need to fire it up now. I have another 246 put together waiting on a bar plate that Bryan is getting for me. I have another 262 put together except for the clutch because the local Husky dealer ran out of 3/8-7 standard spline sprockets for two weeks! Got the sprockets now so it could be a three saw weekend!

Latest posts

Back