So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to work in a place that had a sandblaster, sure made things nice! I used to have one but got rid of it because it was a cheapy and didn't work well. I can still sandblast but I just don't have a cabinet to put it in..
I have a cabinet but dont have it set up yet. Keep saying next weekend... I would like to get it set up so I can mask the lower part of the tank without removing it from the rest of the saw. Ill just mask the rest off and blast the inside of the tank. Maybe ill get it this weekend. Damn its half over and im still at work![emoji22]

I have a cabinet but dont have it set up yet. Keep saying next weekend... I would like to get it set up so I can mask the lower part of the tank without removing it from the rest of the saw. Ill just mask the rest off and blast the inside of the tank. Maybe ill get it this weekend. Damn its half over and im still at work![emoji22]
The bigger the better when it comes to blasting cabinets. I had a small one with a light and a vacuum and still couldn't see what I was doing. The big one at work could be used for hours without clouding up with dust.

Went to a garage sale at a family owned 65yr old machine/fab shop.
It was started before the area built up as homes so we had a shop nearby that would open for emergencies.
Picked up a nice old brass frame gasket cutter, a rigid pipe vise, jack stands,and some SS and aluminum expanded metal.

Saw a minty Wild thing but i didn't ask for a price, self control.

Need a lathe? Saw a Pratt and Whitney in good shape, this thing must weigh tons.

Watched it rain this PM while i cleaned off my bench.

Haven't done anything yet but have some French Toast, going to probably just sit and watch all the celebrations and all the people. Grandkids are here, they love to come to the lake and see Grandma

Up before light for some work, then off to a flea market with the wifey. We had breakfast together and then by the store for a few things to cook. Mostly rested, no fan fare. Happy 4th of JULY *====>

Did some shopping for backpacking gear my son was looking for, weeded the garden a bit (it's a jungle) smoked some chicken, grilled some steak and am making a pot of soup. Mostly I'm suffering with an ear infection so not feeling too great. Did get a few minutes run time on a saw to shorten some pecan wood to fit in the smoker.

Haven't done a thing just waiting for the ribs to get done, only 95° today but starting to cloud up, got 2 fires going hope no more

Picked up some saws today, haven't had the time to take any pics yet. A Stihl MS 390 and a Stihl MS361, both fairly cheap but neither felt like it had good compression so there's some work to do there. The third one is a very nice Poulan Super 25DA which the prior owner said had something wrong that was very hard to fix....it needed a new fuel line! The guy acted like it was something that was almost impossible to fix so he priced it accordingly, $4. When I got home with it I took the bar cover off it and it had a fairly new Oregon bar and chain on it, didn't look like it had been used much, if any, since installed.

Still haven't done anything family is taking a ride to try and cool off, there's one commercial fireworks display out in the lake, suppose to be only displays. Hear people around me shooting bottle rockets, we are surrounded by timber and dry grass meadows hope no fires.

I did some playing...and putting saws back together...had too many tore apart waiting for misc parts..parts came in the last few weeks, but have been too busy to mess with them. Couldn't find one of the parts I ordered...know I had it. Must have placed it where I wouldn't lose it...lol. Needless to say...didn't get the 066 mag running today. image.jpg
My little helperimage.jpg

Picked up some saws today, haven't had the time to take any pics yet. A Stihl MS 390 and a Stihl MS361, both fairly cheap but neither felt like it had good compression so there's some work to do there. The third one is a very nice Poulan Super 25DA which the prior owner said had something wrong that was very hard to fix....it needed a new fuel line! The guy acted like it was something that was almost impossible to fix so he priced it accordingly, $4. When I got home with it I took the bar cover off it and it had a fairly new Oregon bar and chain on it, didn't look like it had been used much, if any, since installed.
Congrats on the 361 you will like it

Back