So when did the 2150 and 350 saws change from a 44mm piston to a 45mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam08ski

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So when did this change happen? And did it affect the cc's and power output?

I ordered a 45mm caber ring for a 350/2150 and realised that my 2150 is a 44mm piston.

Didn't realise they ever changed, I know the 346xp's changed up...

Personally I've never seen a J'red 2150 with a 45mm piston, but I know on some markets the Husqvarna 350 was sold with a displacement hike (from 49.4cc to 51.7cc) starting 2005. That equates to a 45mm piston.

Neither had I, to cut a long story short the shop/seller of the piston ring is telling me that all 350's and 2150's had a 45mm piston from a certain year according to his caber parts list. I beg to differ. I think Caber have got it wrong.

ah grumbles.. Ah well I have finished a bit of light porting, base delete and muffler mod and 346xp muffler bracket to stop it melting the case and I like this saw. More than anything I like the weight and how it feels, nice and nimble and cost me very little.

thanks for that. why can't the damn OEM's just one size for it's product life cyle, makes things difficult if you ask me. :dumb2:

I have a muffler bracket for the 346 and tried to place it on the 350 but the one side hole has no place to affix it to the case. What did you do about this? Mike
Trimmed the flwheel side off (kinda like a 51/55 rancher bracket) and added a couple of steel bushes to go between where the bracket sits when bolted to the case/felling dog top bolt and the 350 muffler.

upload_2017-2-22_15-27-32.png

I assumed the same, I thought there would be two holes. I have seen someone on here @
OK I get it. 1/2 the support is better than no support at all. I can do that. I just thought I was missing a way to put both on there. Mike
I thought as much too. I have seen someone on here drill and tap a hole in the plastic case, but I chose the easier option as I feared bar oil leakage..

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/project-stumpbroke-husky-345-sleeper.204481/page-6

Here's one I just did on a Craigslist 350 that needed a piston:
PICT0660.JPG
I enlarged the opening under the top-mount deflector, and added the gill slits on the side. No cylinder base gasket. It runs great.
The new screw is a coarse-thread handlebar screw. I have drilled quite a few of these and never had leaks, at least not there.

When I got this one the threads in the cylinder were already shot. I used 1/4-20s for the repair and added the bracket, attached with a sheet metal screw.
PICT0661.JPG

So the EPA versions had a slightly bigger displacement to counter act the assumed power loss due to EPA regulations?

The EPA saws also used a dished piston. Some even had a cat muffler. An easy mod is to put a flat top piston from a 353 and gain a few hp's (same hp as 353 has) of course ditch the cat and remove the limiters. The 52cc 350's can be made to run strong.

The EPA saws also used a dished piston. Some even had a cat muffler. An easy mod is to put a flat top piston from a 353 and gain a few hp's (same hp as 353 has) of course ditch the cat and remove the limiters. The 52cc 350's can be made to run strong.
The only thing better than the epa45 mm cylinder-353 piston combo is the OEM 346 44.3 cylinder piston combo. The price on the 346 OEM set is around 105$ delivered so it's a real deal and it rips!:cool:

Latest posts

Back