So ya want to criticize videos eh? Come get some here then!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only complaint is the music is so loud i couldn't hear your instructions to the groundy,

Yeah, the groundy cant hear it either I'm sure. :hmm3grin2orange:

Here's a tip though. A secret for this video

The mic on my helmet is mono and in this video only fed into one speaker. The music is stereo and fed into both. You can alter the balance and bias the LH speaker or RH speaker etc and either have more commentary or more music ... try it. You will have chainsaw and commentary in one speaker and not the other.

However, I sometimes change this though, just depends how I do the sound, sometimes I duplicate the sound track of the recording and drop it in both tracks etc or feed the mic into both LH or RH ... just depends on how patient I am and how eager I am to get the vid out.

But mainly I am slack coz I figure they're only used over the internet, so on helcam videos, try changing your balance to see a difference. :biggrinbounce2:

But yes, I do like cranked music.

Non standard boot laces

Ekka

I'm pointing out these glaring breaches of safe work practice before Grover does.
I noticed the boot lace on your right boot was almost frayed through 1/8th of its diameter,that could result in C.B.L.F.or Catastrophic Boot Lace Failure.Although few climbers report C.B.L.F,the resulting huge increase in Saw dust entering the boot can have a knock on effect due to the increase in saw dust being deposited on floors and in washing machines around the world,incuring the displeasure on Wives,flatmatesand girlfreinds.
I urge all climbers to inspect their Bootlaces before EVERY climb,so that they too do not become another needless statistic.
Thankyou

boot laces

Throw line?
I use Horse hair that I plait from the rear of my Cart,oh,I mean chip truck.

well you're doin well then coz I seen some Euro's using bikes and towing a chipper! That's even worse than a friggin horse!:hmm3grin2orange:

love your vids!:clap:

You are obviously very experienced. I used to climb big pine trees when I was a kid.....but not with a chainsaw.:dizzy: :D

I dont mind cutting down those pine trees, pretty easy really, like a palm with branches.

Soft to cut, soft to climb, branches steer well.

Downside is the messy rake up and the sap.

I'd rather be climbing them than groundy'ing them. :D

First: Did you use wedges as a backup on your felling cut? What if the Kanga Broke down in mid pull?

Second: Your Groundman need to be better educated, They should see what you are about to do and know what they have to do. If you are hinging a piece around from over the house, they should know to hold and let it hinge. If they dont do it right they should have to cover the damages( I could only wish)

Third: Your sling for lowering appeared to have no ANSI cert tag located on it.

Fourth: AH what the hell, Great Job, Glad to see you not puss out and get a crane or a spider lift or some crap. Pines are a good tree to climb. You might be a lil sticky at the end of the day but you can have some fun. Good Video.

Ekka, Nice vid and may I say "Nice Job". I do a pine or two and your method is good. Do not understand the no gloves thing as I like to keep my hands surgeonlike especially on those pines. Helmet cam is great and you got some guts to show everyone your operation, is much appreciated. Good on ya.

Great Videos

Ekka
Have you thought of making these into instuctional videos for a larger audience? By adding a second camera and a lot more naration you would have some great "How To" videos for a much less skilled audience. You could do a series on dufferent subjests and really help a lot of people learn what they should be doing. Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.

GREAT WORK!

Cool video Ekka...you make it look easy to us non-climbers!

I bet that after you finished that job, you were...

(wait for it...)

COVERED IN SAP! :hmm3grin2orange: :jester:

Ha ha friggin Sap was one of a kind.

I like making video's, I dont get enough trees that make good ones though.

I'm always on the hunt for a good job to video. What happens is when you take video and pics it never does the job site justice. It's not like being there but it's as close as you'll get, the helmet cam just gets you right where it's at.

Thanks for the good words. :)

pines

ekka;
beautiful take down,you'll never hear any negative criticism here!
gotta love that pine sap;huh?

tree dude

Latest posts

Back