Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Sobering 911 call Martin County worker cutting trees shocked burned in Port Salerno

Discussion in 'Arboricultural Injuries and Fatalities' started by derwoodii, Oct 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. derwoodii

derwoodii Addicted to ArboristSite

Martin County worker cutting trees shocked, burned in Port Salerno
    http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/lo...erno-worker-shocked-burned-hospital/91846800/

If you train crews for handling emergency's this 911 call should focus their minds.

MARTIN COUNTY — A county Parks and Recreation Department employee trimming trees Monday morning was shocked and burned by a power line, according to county, sheriff’s and Fire Rescue officials.

Rescue crews went to the 4400 block of Southeast Field Street in New Monrovia Park in Port Salerno and found a 47-year-old man who had been working on a lift had touched a power line and was burned, said Fire Rescue spokesman Dan Harshburger and sheriff’s spokeswoman Laurie Weber.

2. RoyalTree

RoyalTree ArboristSite Lurker

Makes my skin crawl listening to the guy in the background.

Can't imagine the 100 mile plus helicopter ride to the hospital.

3. jonny37

jonny37 ArboristSite Lurker

Don't understand not training your groundie how to operate the lift in case of emergency.

4. Del_

Del_ I was cured all right.

A groundie not trained in electrical hazards could well become a second victim if they try to operate the lift.