Solo Twin....FINALLY!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As most of you know, I've wanted a Solo Twin...for YEARS! The right deal just never came along. I wasn't willing to pay the crazy money they go for on eBay, nevermind the fact that there's only been a handful of them sell in the last several years. I've had several guys watching for one for me, even a good friend in Germany. There have been a couple possibilities, but nothing ever came to fruition. Well, that changed yesterday and today. Payment was made shortly after lunch and a tracking number was provided, and I'm now an official owner of a Solo Twin! This is a bookmark day for my chainsaw collection.

Why do I want a Solo Twin so bad? It's add simply as this....The sound! I built and rode a modified Yamaha Banshee for about 10 years. That was my passion long before chainsaw. The Solo Twin sound just like a howling Banshee!

This saw is coming to me as a runner, but it doesn't run right. It has ignition and or carb issues. It's complete with no known structural issues. With a couple of the connections I've made over the years, I should be able to source any parts I may need to bring back this saw to it's howling glory.

Without any further to do, I introduce you to my chainsaw Nirvana.

image%20%281%29-L.jpg

image%20%282%29-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

image%20%283%29-L.jpg

image%20%285%29-L.jpg

image%20%284%29-L.jpg

It should be delivered Saturday.
January%208%2C%202015%20123327%20PM%20EST-L.png

January%208%2C%202015%20123521%20PM%20EST-L.png

I have seen one once at our Spring GTG here in Iowa and even got to make a few cuts. They certainly are unique and sound like nothing else out there.
Congratulations, Brad.
This past fall was the first time I had ever seen one. I was not only surprised by how well it cut, but by how heavy they are!

Yes, congrats. Can't wait too see, and hear it after you have worked on it. I know you will do it justice.

Congrats Brad!! Just watched the vid, sounds awesome!!! Please put up a video when you get it running, want to hear more.

Back