Some Doug fir milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! Love the tight growth rings on the OG Doug fir. Were there some nails or something in the first log to give the dark stain? Your saw looks like a beast too - 48" I'm guessing. You on the coast somewhere?

Beautiful! Love the tight growth rings on the OG Doug fir. Were there some nails or something in the first log to give the dark stain? Your saw looks like a beast too - 48" I'm guessing. You on the coast somewhere?

Yeah Dan the black is from nails, a couple chains need some attention now unfortunately. Thats a 60" on there for these sessions. I am on the coast yeah, these were in Nth Delta and Mission.

We milled up two slabs of the OG. The big full round and the other is the one with the chunk in the foreground. That one was big round i had to rip in half feeehand, one side was fully rotten. Ripped the smaller chunk up into twelve 3/4 inch boards, bewdy edge grain stuff, didnt get pictures of those though.
IMG_3776.jpg IMG_3774.jpg

Where did that wood come from? Sorry if you have it posted, that info isn't available on the phone.

Latest posts

Back