Someone to do a muffler mod on 390 northeast ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmyers8@windstream. Net

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Long time looker here and finally decided to sign up. Looking for someone who possibly would do a muffler mod on a stihl 390 in northeast Ohio I live in Wellington 44090. It's my only saw so don't want to try it myself and what the price is for it thanks for looking pm me with info thanks josh.

It's not that hard just buy a non cat muffler and do it yourself. Enlarge the existing outlet hole, pry the deflector open a little more, and drill a second hole about 5/8" buy a deflector that goes on with 2 sheet metal screws, a ss spark screen and your done.

I did a mod on my MS310 that I put a Baileys 390 kit in. I searched through all the pics on my phone but I couldn't find any of the muffler. Went over to SH and find them in a thread I did over there. Here's what I started with and what it became.
88131bba491c68b3d4ce58cb2231688a.jpg
I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel then a grinding stone to finish it off. I drilled a hole in the dimple I belive it was 7/16". I also removed some material from the deflector. This was a very easy mod to do and woke the saw up some! The carb will need adjusted after this mod!
df3d19d691ac22f76a476f666baf07ce.jpg
da3dac9b24e6dfe37eb720c174f398dd.jpg

Do a search on here for saw tuning and muff mod or muffler mod and do some reading, eventually you'll feel confident enough to start tinkering.

I did the same type of muffler mod on my Stihl 029. It woke up the saw. I also readjusted the carb and saw has been fine. I did this a few years back.

I'm 10 minutes south of you up Rt 58 in Sullivan. I'd be free this Fri or Sat evening.

Have a dremel and can help you retune. Also have a 10" x 10" Cant so we can measure before and after results.

Do you ever get up towards Cleveland? I'd be happy to help you.

Come on out Ross. Been awhile since we chatted.

It's what we all would do.. You'd do the same my friend.

Plus, everyone likes to see before and after videos :)

PM me @Jmyers8@windstream. Net and I'll send you my phone # and address
Thats right buddy! Hope someday I can repay all the help I have gotten here! Cant wait to see the pics and videos!

Will do! I've watched enough you tube videos pretty sure I can drill some holes and not screw that up then will prolly take it to have sex adjust the carb to get the most out.. Pretty excited I got some nice fresh oak and brand new chains to get done after I get it rippin.

Latest posts

Back