Sometimes you just gotta cut wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbird

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not a lot of snow here this winter until recently, about 18" here in the last week. I can't imagine what the folks in the northeast have had to deal with. Wood supply was getting low so sat morning before the last 10" hit the ground I decided I better get to some while I still could. Had to cut and skid by hand but at least I beat most of the snow and am good for a couple more weeks. Yea it's slightly overloaded but it's only a half mile to home.

Attachments

• sat wood 1.jpg
    sat wood 1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 268
  • sat wood 2.jpg
    sat wood 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 242
Not a lot of snow here this winter until recently, about 18" here in the last week. I can't imagine what the folks in the northeast have had to deal with. Wood supply was getting low so sat morning before the last 10" hit the ground I decided I better get to some while I still could. Had to cut and skid by hand but at least I beat most of the snow and am good for a couple more weeks. Yea it's slightly overloaded but it's only a half mile to home.

A little extra weight for traction don't hurt none!

nice haul!!! some of those monsters look really heavy!!!

Nice score and well stacked! I would have put my saw in the cab of the truck though, with my luck I would have probably busted that one as soon as I put the truck in drive... :(

I was happy with the load especially since the bed is only 5ft. Was pretty much pushing snow on the way in and out so the additional weight was a help. The Stihl was packed in with the wood so I wasn't worried about it falling off. All dead standing red oak, most about 14-15" at the base, burns very nice in the OWB.

I couldn't get down to my woodshed 2+ feet of snow that had drifted across the trail over 3 feet, tractor almost buried.
3/4 hour trying to get the snowblower unstuck, it's frozen to the ground.
Went down the road to another trail I have, once I was able to clear all the snow from the lane way I finally got to the woodshed.
The trees i felled in the bush are under the snow, somewhere, I'll have to wait for a bit of a thaw to skid them out.

Latest posts

Back