Sound off! Saws we love to hate!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But honorable mention has to go to the Husqvarna (Poulan) 235/240, what a miserable POS, they barely run (some don't at all) brand new out of the box!

Joe

Would have to agree with you on this. Was helping some friends & neighbors do some cutting/clearing for DNR Land Management regulations/requirements. One guy helping borrowed his FIL's brand new Husky 235. Had only had about 2 tanks of gas ran through it, and he wanted to start it before we went out to the woods. Started it up and when he revved it up, the chain came off and the chainbrake came on with out him noticing. He then was trying to take the clutch cover off while the chainbrake was still engaged, so I took over and got it going again. Thought I was going to break the clutch cover and/or the saw while working on it. And it was a bloody gutless wonder too. My old Husky 137 could cut circles around this turd (if it didn't rattle every screw and fastener out itself) This guy is by no means dumb, just inexperienced running saws. And it's sad that these types of saws are being pushed on to people like this too.

009L

MS290- Have one at my day job and for 13 pounds I would expect better. No idea how they sold so may of those damn plastic things.

One commonly hated saw I like are the little red Homelites. Durable, cheap, and great for fruit tree pruning.

To work on, I loath the old Stihls, 056's and the likes.. I have NO love for the PP 4218 AVX's either..

Back