• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Special double full comp chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here is a special chain. It was original made for cutting large beams and leaving a smooth finish. It has a cutter for every driver. It cuts smooth and doesn't jump or cause vibration or chatter when you cut. It is 3/8 and .058. I have about 20 feet and there are presets included. If someone wants the whole roll then $120 or I can send you a loop of your desired size for .50dl. Thanks. Miike
beam cutter.jpg

I believe that is typically refered to as "full house" chain and it is apparently very prone to kickback. Never have used it or seen it in person myself.

i could see having to hang onto the saw for sure.. i bet 28" and longer would be a heck of a ride with it trying to push itself out of the tree.

Very cool. Only seen 'full house' chain in 1/4" pitch, used for carving (Oregon 25F).

Not sure why it would be more prone to kickback - I would assume that the closely spaced cutters would act like low-kickback bumpers.

Would assume that it would take small bites and not clear chips well.

Philbert

Would assume that it would take small bites and not clear chips well.

Philbert

I agree fully. There is no area to clear the material removed. If it was quick the racers would have been making it for years. It is interesting though

That is probably a great advantage although it never gain traction. Just like the silage chain never gained traction in the 50's

Fire Dept Vent chains
89598ff3043ae96ff73da37ef428d2fb.jpg

Oregon Carbide Razoo - Carbide cutter every driver. Great for metal and cinderblock, crap on lumber

Rapco Terminator - Great all-around, rakers blast through

Cutters Edge Bullet - Great on composite and metal clad roof decks

This Peach was used from '83 - '94, cylinder roasted from Tar build up one nite.
Restored and Happy, with a wood chain now
54e654769d9a1732d796df8b4ff877a6.jpg
b77695ee6ecb104837be4c8d58ca0968.jpg
thanks to some insight from here [emoji106][emoji106]

Here is a special chain. It was original made for cutting large beams and leaving a smooth finish. It has a cutter for every driver. It cuts smooth and doesn't jump or cause vibration or chatter when you cut. It is 3/8 and .058. I have about 20 feet and there are presets included. If someone wants the whole roll then $120 or I can send you a loop of your desired size for .50dl. Thanks. Miike
View attachment 549504

Sorry Mike, Gotta little excited.
Carry on with sale

Thank-you Bill. I try. I have spun a loop for a bar I have that fits the small Husky. I want to try it and report here what it is like. Unfortunately the saws I have are all .325 and the clutch drums are sprocket type and not floating rim style so I will have to wait. Mike

Latest posts

Back