SpeeCo SpeedPro Status Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look good...

I just called Speeco and talked to their rep. According to him, it doesn't look good for the Speedpro. He says "engineering is still looking at it and there is no release date as of yet" and "I would buy a different unit rather than waiting for this one".

I'm just relaying what he told me, I hope he's wrong, as I wanted to get one of these...:(

I just called Speeco and talked to their rep. According to him, it doesn't look good for the Speedpro. He says "engineering is still looking at it and there is no release date as of yet" and "I would buy a different unit rather than waiting for this one".

I'm just relaying what he told me, I hope he's wrong, as I wanted to get one of these...:(

If it does get re-released, I bet the price is a little higher this time. :msp_wink:

i didnt wait for them to re-release the speedpro. went to supersplit last week and picked up a splitter ( returned my speedpro a week earlier after a catastrophic rack failure..and yes..it had been updated). interestingly, was in mass visiting family who happen to be 45min from supersplit!
after touring the supersplit shop and talking with the owner(paul), i realized what a dangerous, poorly designed machine the speedpro was... glad it's gone. the supersplit model is very well made and runs great. i finished welding up a tow hitch for easier moving... didnt realize they also make a heavy duty model with 90lb flywheels...

i didnt wait for them to re-release the speedpro. went to supersplit last week and picked up a splitter ( returned my speedpro a week earlier after a catastrophic rack failure..and yes..it had been updated). interestingly, was in mass visiting family who happen to be 45min from supersplit!
after touring the supersplit shop and talking with the owner(paul), i realized what a dangerous, poorly designed machine the speedpro was... glad it's gone. the supersplit model is very well made and runs great. i finished welding up a tow hitch for easier moving... didnt realize they also make a heavy duty model with 90lb flywheels...

I am making such splitter on what I need to be careful
My splitter is for home use
thanks in advance

parts

I have one of these splitters and need a splitter head (the whole piece). Anyone know where to get parts?

thanks.

yeah I contacted them today. The told me they won't sell me parts unless I have a proof of purchase from TSC..... what a #### move.

yeah I contacted them today. The told me they won't sell me parts unless I have a proof of purchase from TSC..... what a #### move.

So basically, if you bought it second hand, you're screwed. Yea, I'd want to do business with an outfit like that. :msp_angry:

Call them back this time and tell them the rack sheared and cut your hand. And was wondering if you could get some repairs done while you are unable to work. Bet it is a different tone then.

They ain't all bad :)

I must have to only SpeePro that has not failed. It ran great before the "mod" was performed and is humming along without problems now. It looks like the DR is coming apart too.:msp_scared:

I must have to only SpeePro that has not failed. It ran great before the "mod" was performed and is humming along without problems now. It looks like the DR is coming apart too.:msp_scared:

other than my bearing failures which killed the brass wear plate mine has been great. it's split about 40 cords so far, no busted teeth and I have a complete spare rack in the garage should something happen to the current one.

I rent one from a guy and Love it, we probably have split 20 cord with it this year. I think they are great splitters aside from the handle coming up to hard if the ram gets stopped. The guy I rent it from had his hand broke by the handle coming up to hard. It is not a big deal, you just have to press and release not try to hold the lever down.

Anyways, I like the splitter and got my own. I thought I found a great deal on one.... then found out I couldn't get parts.

I have one of these splitters and need a splitter head (the whole piece). Anyone know where to get parts?

thanks.
There is a tractor supply in Greeley possibly they can order parts for you.
Mtn. View welding in Longmont can fabricate most anything for you.
If you just need some welding done I can help you out.(Lyons)
Mark
(P.S. i doubt you will find a welding shop in Boulder,no TOFU welding rods).

Quees.

Thanks for that, I may call up TSC but I am not expecting them to help out to much. I actually have quite the little shop set up and do a lot of fab work on my trucks so I think I am just going to fab it up myself.

I will rep the hell out of anyone that can send me the measurement of how far the pin on the end of the rack sits from the deck and how far back or forward from that hole the springs are connected. I don't need down to the thousandth or anything, just with a tape measure.

Thanks!

well, I got it all fixed up. works like a charm. I have a crew coming in on monday and we will be splitting all day.

2cpzt6w.jpg

343jh2o.jpg

Lightly used Speedpro for sale.

Bought a Speeco, Speedpro, ( AKA "Bleed-Mo") a year ago from TSC. It was amazingly fast at the beginning. I was really proud of myself for "scoring" on the greatest wood splitter ever. But NO !! In fact I was a complete fool and I was soon "parted from my money".

After the first cord of wood it never really worked right--sometimes engages, sometimes not. If you talk to it nice, and jiggle it a little, it will tease you into thinking it could work. It does occasionally. Other times the handle kicks up so hard that your wrist could be pulverized if your bones are weak. If this machine were a woman, you would call it a real G.D. #####. But Cussing at it does not help.

In any case it is nearly brand new, kept in barn. Engine probably has less than 10 hours on it. Still has a few of the tags on it. Nice trailer. Good tires. Nice road trailer hitch. Nice Kohler 5.5hp engine. Its worth something, but probably wont split your firewood this season.
It needs a new owner who likes to fix things.

FYI TSC wouldn't take it back after 60 days.
Called Speeco. They said it was probably "broke", and that I just needed to fix it. Said take it to a service center. Said find service center on the web. If its still under warranty they will cover it (they know it's not). I was thinking that maybe they they should just buy it back as it came very close to crippling me and still might if I try to use it again---Company said it would be OK to use it still as the handle is a "momentary engagement" mechanism--and does not need to be pressed continuously- will disengage before it kicks back ( Ha!, you try it).

I'll be looking for that Speeco name next time I buy something. I have a 3 point PTO splitter too with their name on it. It's real slow but it works. Still I might be forced to sell it too because I can't stand to see that name every time I go out for a nice day of wood cutting.

Paid $1700. Sell: Really Freaking Cheap--all offers considered--come and get it or ship anywhere on your dime. Can deliver in Central Indiana or East Cental Illinois. Paypal or cash.
No guarantees of any kind.

Bought a Speeco, Speedpro, ( AKA "Bleed-Mo") a year ago from TSC. It was amazingly fast at the beginning. I was really proud of myself for "scoring" on the greatest wood splitter ever. But NO !! In fact I was a complete fool and I was soon "parted from my money".

After the first cord of wood it never really worked right--sometimes engages, sometimes not. If you talk to it nice, and jiggle it a little, it will tease you into thinking it could work. It does occasionally. Other times the handle kicks up so hard that your wrist could be pulverized if your bones are weak. If this machine were a woman, you would call it a real G.D. #####. But Cussing at it does not help.

In any case it is nearly brand new, kept in barn. Engine probably has less than 10 hours on it. Still has a few of the tags on it. Nice trailer. Good tires. Nice road trailer hitch. Nice Kohler 5.5hp engine. Its worth something, but probably wont split your firewood this season.
It needs a new owner who likes to fix things.

FYI TSC wouldn't take it back after 60 days.
Called Speeco. They said it was probably "broke", and that I just needed to fix it. Said take it to a service center. Said find service center on the web. If its still under warranty they will cover it (they know it's not). I was thinking that maybe they they should just buy it back as it came very close to crippling me and still might if I try to use it again---Company said it would be OK to use it still as the handle is a "momentary engagement" mechanism--and does not need to be pressed continuously- will disengage before it kicks back ( Ha!, you try it).

I'll be looking for that Speeco name next time I buy something. I have a 3 point PTO splitter too with their name on it. It's real slow but it works. Still I might be forced to sell it too because I can't stand to see that name every time I go out for a nice day of wood cutting.

Paid $1700. Sell: Really Freaking Cheap--all offers considered--come and get it or ship anywhere on your dime. Can deliver in Central Indiana or East Cental Illinois. Paypal or cash.
No guarantees of any kind.
After seeing what Patriot wrote Speeco won't even sell you parts if you aren't the original owner.
You might want to get it repaired first.
I bet speedpro owners would like to sell the folks at Speeco some used cars i have had in the past for such crappy customer service!

Back