SpeeCo SpeedPro Status Update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are being given the run around from speeco. they sent out a service bullitin stating anyone with a speedpro(original owner) can reuturn their splitter at any time for a FULL refund. i also loved my speedpro when i first got it home..it was poorly designed and poor quality when comp[ared to my new supersplit...

they took mine back after 6months.
Bought a Speeco, Speedpro, ( AKA "Bleed-Mo") a year ago from TSC. It was amazingly fast at the beginning. I was really proud of myself for "scoring" on the greatest wood splitter ever. But NO !! In fact I was a complete fool and I was soon "parted from my money".

After the first cord of wood it never really worked right--sometimes engages, sometimes not. If you talk to it nice, and jiggle it a little, it will tease you into thinking it could work. It does occasionally. Other times the handle kicks up so hard that your wrist could be pulverized if your bones are weak. If this machine were a woman, you would call it a real G.D. #####. But Cussing at it does not help.

In any case it is nearly brand new, kept in barn. Engine probably has less than 10 hours on it. Still has a few of the tags on it. Nice trailer. Good tires. Nice road trailer hitch. Nice Kohler 5.5hp engine. Its worth something, but probably wont split your firewood this season.
It needs a new owner who likes to fix things.

FYI TSC wouldn't take it back after 60 days.
Called Speeco. They said it was probably "broke", and that I just needed to fix it. Said take it to a service center. Said find service center on the web. If its still under warranty they will cover it (they know it's not). I was thinking that maybe they they should just buy it back as it came very close to crippling me and still might if I try to use it again---Company said it would be OK to use it still as the handle is a "momentary engagement" mechanism--and does not need to be pressed continuously- will disengage before it kicks back ( Ha!, you try it).

I'll be looking for that Speeco name next time I buy something. I have a 3 point PTO splitter too with their name on it. It's real slow but it works. Still I might be forced to sell it too because I can't stand to see that name every time I go out for a nice day of wood cutting.

Paid $1700. Sell: Really Freaking Cheap--all offers considered--come and get it or ship anywhere on your dime. Can deliver in Central Indiana or East Cental Illinois. Paypal or cash.
No guarantees of any kind.

Speeco reply

you are being given the run around from speeco. they sent out a service bullitin stating anyone with a speedpro(original owner) can reuturn their splitter at any time for a FULL refund. i also loved my speedpro when i first got it home..it was poorly designed and poor quality when comp[ared to my new supersplit...

they took mine back after 6months.

I sent your message to Speeco. They replied in writing that NO RECALL on the Speedpro splitter has now, or ever, been made. Did you take it back to Speeco or the place you bought it?

Last edited:
I sent your message to Speeco. They replied in writing that NO RECALL on the Speedpro splitter has now, or ever, been made. Did you take it back to Speeco or the place you bought it?

Send them this:

The SpeedPro Log Splitter is currently not available for sale. Should the SpeedPro become available for sale, availability information will be provided.

Thank you.

Ask them what they call it, just "Discontinued"?

Send them this:

Ask them what they call it, just "Discontinued"?

I'm guessing "Withdrawn" from the market voluntarily.

I stopped at my "local" (80 miles away) TSC last week, and they indicated that the splitters were not yet released for sale again yet. It would leave me with the indication they may fix them and bring them back out, but I'm sure that the store employees are not fully in the loop either. What others have said on this thread would give me the idea that Speeco is done with them, so only time will tell.

Too bad some folks had to do the product testing for them at their own cost. I would have loved to have one, even a broken one, as it would beat starting from scratch. I love the principle, and supersplit has proven it can work.

I was saving my pennies, just didn't have enough time to get them all collected for the speedpro. It'll take more time to get enough of them for the supersplit.

i didnt say "recall". i said a service bullitin. i saw both bullitins at my repair shop. they WILL take it back. i was told by a speeco rep that i had up to a year to return it for a full refund. i took it back to tsw of purchase.

Remember to tighten the 4 screws holding the brass wear plate to the push head

Remember to tighten the 4 screws holding the brass wear plate to the push head !

Mine came loose allowing wood fragments to get caught in the gap and jammed the head on the stainless plate.

This will cause the tapped holes in the head to get out of round and make a real mess of things including the brass wear plate.

Salto

SpeedPro

It is true that the product is no longer Sold. I never heard that it was recalled just no longer being sold by the vendor.

Maybe TSC decided to longer sell it, I believe they were the only company selling the SpeedPro, could have been a product made just for them.

So if they are no longer sold ask TSC why.

It is true that the product is no longer Sold. I never heard that it was recalled just no longer being sold by the vendor.

Maybe TSC decided to longer sell it, I believe they were the only company selling the SpeedPro, could have been a product made just for them.

So if they are no longer sold ask TSC why.

I had asked at mine, they said Speeco was having mechanical issues with them.

Repair ideas for Tap Root

Bought a Speeco, Speedpro, ( AKA "Bleed-Mo") a year ago from TSC. It was amazingly fast at the beginning. I was really proud of myself for "scoring" on the greatest wood splitter ever. But NO !! In fact I was a complete fool and I was soon "parted from my money".

After the first cord of wood it never really worked right--sometimes engages, sometimes not. If you talk to it nice, and jiggle it a little, it will tease you into thinking it could work. It does occasionally. Other times the handle kicks up so hard that your wrist could be pulverized if your bones are weak. If this machine were a woman, you would call it a real G.D. #####. But Cussing at it does not help.

In any case it is nearly brand new, kept in barn. Engine probably has less than 10 hours on it. Still has a few of the tags on it. Nice trailer. Good tires. Nice road trailer hitch. Nice Kohler 5.5hp engine. Its worth something, but probably wont split your firewood this season.
It needs a new owner who likes to fix things.

FYI TSC wouldn't take it back after 60 days.
Called Speeco. They said it was probably "broke", and that I just needed to fix it. Said take it to a service center. Said find service center on the web. If its still under warranty they will cover it (they know it's not). I was thinking that maybe they they should just buy it back as it came very close to crippling me and still might if I try to use it again---Company said it would be OK to use it still as the handle is a "momentary engagement" mechanism--and does not need to be pressed continuously- will disengage before it kicks back ( Ha!, you try it).

I'll be looking for that Speeco name next time I buy something. I have a 3 point PTO splitter too with their name on it. It's real slow but it works. Still I might be forced to sell it too because I can't stand to see that name every time I go out for a nice day of wood cutting.

Paid $1700. Sell: Really Freaking Cheap--all offers considered--come and get it or ship anywhere on your dime. Can deliver in Central Indiana or East Cental Illinois. Paypal or cash.
No guarantees of any kind.

I picked up a refurb DR and had issues like you mentioned on your SpeedPro. I know they aren't the same machine, but all of these kinetic machines are pretty close in the way they engage. After weeks of back and forth on the phone with DR and parts sent my direction, videos and pictures sent back and forth, even got the engineers involved, I found the issue today. If the SpeeCo version is anything like the DR under the hood, you should have 2 pins, one for the handle and the other for the engagement assembly. Check the engagement assembly pin to see if it's bent (you'll have to take it out). That was their suggestion, and it was indeed bent....however that didn't solve the problem, just helped a little. The main issue was the engagement roller (what pushes the rack into the pinion) bolt was bent and you will NEVER see it without taking it all apart and taking the bolt out. I put in a new bolt and viola, it finally works like it was supposed to (and yeah, it was shipped to me like that, but it was a refurb, probably threw a new rack and pinion on, painted it, and out the door). I have to give kudos to DR though, those guys bent over backwards to get this thing running right, including sending me 2 rack and pinions and new engagement assembly. I actually went out and bought a SpeeCo 15 ton on clearance to keep splitting while my new kinetic was down in the garage, those 15 ton units are actually pretty fast with an 8 second cycle time! But I'm thrilled to have my Rapidfire up and splitting instead of grinding rack and pinions into shavings. I'm actually in IL....curious as to if you still want to sell it and what you would take.

Latest posts

Back