Spencer Loggers Tape

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothin heavy, just knitt gloves. at least when workin a saw. and they don't stink much, they get warshed now and then.:msp_wink:

I just got the bleeding stopped...:msp_rolleyes: do you know of a glove for picking blackberries? They are vicious, but are so good to bake with. I suspect my brown friend has been getting the easier berries.

I just got the bleeding stopped...:msp_rolleyes: do you know of a glove for picking blackberries? They are vicious, but are so good to bake with. I suspect my brown friend has been getting the easier berries.

One of them welders leather jackets and bee keepers gloves? kinda warm in august... but yer tough right?

Had to retire one of my Spencer's to parts duty after some aggravation on Friday. Picked up a new one at the shop Saturday.....Ouch....Proud of the damn things anymore.

I'm actually pretty amazed at how well they work and how long they last considering the use and abuse they get on a daily basis (at least by me). Rain, snow, sweat, sawdust, etc... I think its been 5 or 6 months since my last refill. Then again I am using two tapes at once so half the work for each, but its still pretty amazing. All of my bucking is done in the woods so they have to go through all the brambles and #### too. I also make my own nails for them that work really well in hardwood. Just gotta make sure that if you get a bend anywhere in the tape that you straighten it back out right away. If not it doesn't take long to break it there.

Just gotta make sure that if you get a bend anywhere in the tape that you straighten it back out right away. If not it doesn't take long to break it there.

Solid advice! Even though some odd length like 43' isn't a high-demand stop, if you have a weakness there, that's where it'll break. Maintenance always prevents repairs.

Back