Spices/Dry Seasonings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I stopped into a tea and spice shop on vacation (who knew they even had those?)

Picked up some smoked bacon salt and also a packet of North Carolina dry rub. Going to get some steaks to try the bacon salt and some bone in pork chops for the NC rub.

Just curious what others are using for seasoning food?

I've been using a lot of cumin and curry lately. However my go-to is a all purpose seasoning made by Badia, usually cheap and found in the Hispanic food section of most stores, wal-mart, ect. I love me some smoked paprika on chicken :)

I don't go into spice shops but the Penzey Spices catalog and website is really good. Not cheap junk but quality spices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped into a tea and spice shop on vacation (who knew they even had those?)

Picked up some smoked bacon salt and also a packet of North Carolina dry rub. Going to get some steaks to try the bacon salt and some bone in pork chops for the NC rub.

Just curious what others are using for seasoning food?
For smoking meats, I generally use the rub that I posted in the grilling thread.
I also use the Carolina rub from "Rub some Butt." It's good stuff.
The spice mixtures from K-Paul's are popular in my house as well.
I get a mix of dried sweet peppers and Garlic from a local restaurant supply. We use it in a lot of stuff.
We also use a lot of hot and smoked Paprika.
I like a fair amount of heat, so we always have various varieties of dried peppers on hand.
Kosher is the predominant salt in the kitchen. We don't own a salt shaker.

My wife has a number of different things she uses in baking but that's a whole different can of worms.

I have Hickory smoked salt that I use when doing ribs in the oven.
Smoked bacon salt sounds interesting, how is it?

I think the bacon salt is phenomenal. Everyone else who had tried a taste didn't like it.

I've used hickory smoked salt when making oven jerky. Good stuff.

Back