Spider lift shopping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BranchWalker74

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, I know there is probably a bunch of threads asking the same thing. I am ready to get my first man lift. I have been in my own tree business for about 15 years. Over the past years I have rented a few trailer mounted boom lifts to do dead and scary trees that I didn't want to climb.
Now my area is going threw a big ash borer infestation. I figure this is the time to finally pull the trigger and try to by a lift. I am completely overwhelmed by work, and I think a lift will help my productivity and make it safer in dead and brittle trees.
I have a few questions for someone that owns one. I can probably afford a used 75' machine or a new 50' crawler lift.
What size should I get? I have rented 50' booms and it seems to short. Does anyone have a 50' or 60' and they feel it is enough?
I was looking at a used LEO 23, but it's only powered by electric. Is that a problem for tree work, or do you need to bring a generator?
Thanks any help would be great.

Latest posts

Back