Spot the hazards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm not a firewood cutter, just a pro who does this daily. Except for the lack of PPE and dull saw, I didn't see anything we havent done before. Junior's head was well away from the kickback zone and the way Pops was cutting, the probability of a kickback was very low. What they should have done is leave the log on the ground cut part way through and roll the log to finish, They wouldnt have had the rocking log.

If this scares you, don't come to my worksite without bringing toilet paper. Although we operate a safe operation.

The way people talk around here, they would **** a brick being around any normal tree care operation. And then spend the rest of the day in the fetal position.

Do you really think if the saw had kicked back and Junior got his nose sawn off, the video would see the light of day????

The way people talk around here, they would **** a brick being around any normal tree care operation. And then spend the rest of the day in the fetal position.

So.... Are you saying that if you ran/operated a normal tree care operation you would hire the guys in the video? Based solely on their demonstrated safety standards of course.;)

Do you really think if the saw had kicked back and Junior got his nose sawn off, the video would see the light of day????
To answer your question: Yes, and it would most likely go viral on Facebook and get more likes than Jesus Christ.
I agree with your first comment though, but does that make it acceptable business practice to be careless and ignore safety proceedures?

So.... Are you saying that if you ran/operated a normal tree care operation you would hire the guys in the video? Based solely on their demonstrated safety standards of course.;)
Yup I would. They show some aptitude and a want to get the job done and are working without their phones in their hands. They appear to be DIYer who are probably ignorant of 'safety standards'. Hell, I've seen lots of you tube by 'professionals' who don't follow 'safety standards'. Just look at some of the pics on the Commercial forum, or more to the point, the Firewood or Chainsaw forums.

What's the worst sin here, besides no PPE and a dull chain? Bucking the block bouncing in the air. I would have bucked it on the ground and then rolled it to finish. But Junior was sitting on it to steady, the idea was right, execution could use some work. Have I bucked a log with a groundie steadying the log a few feet away? Yah, lots.

After about 2 hrs of instruction to show safer and more efficient ways of doing things, I think they would make usable groundies. I've had to train groundies who have started way farther back than that, at the point I had to show them how to hold a rake. I don't hire, just run a crew and work with the people I'm given.

Latest posts

Back