Spotting curly wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a matching stock and forearm for a Model 99 Savage 22 HiPower that's been air drying for about 5 years now. I cut one end off another one of the same boards, and an hour after I cut it, it split, Joe.

They are for a Coonan 357 Joe.

Beautiful figure in the Walnut, sucks on the split though.

Thanks, I've got plenty of it. I actually have a Walnut stump that was next to a stream and fell over through a cattle pasture. The cows licked it so clean it's almost shiny and smooth as silk. I'm hoping there is good figure in the roots, they are big enough for a stock. I'll post pics if I ever get around to opening it up. I forget if I ever asked, do you have a super 3. I started to buy a Rutus 7 years ago. I thought it was cool, had an aluminium 215 V8 in it, Joe.

Don't know if I know what one is.

Mine is just short for the Supermodified, #3 in my avatar. My Dad built it in the early 60's.

I restored it and ran it with a local vintage club for several yrs.

The Rotus 7 is a knock off on the Lotus 7. It was built here in MD. They had mostly Toyota drive trains in them, and the owner named them Rotus cracking on the Japanese not pronouncing there L's. He made a number of them with the GM 215 V8 that , I think, Rover bought out. They were incredibly fast up to about 120, then the clamshell front fenders would start to pick the front end up. I've seen a couple of the Rotus cars sell on Ebay over the past couple years. Think one went for about $30,000 and another for about $15,000. Do a Google search, there's a bit of info on them, Joe.

Latest posts

Back