Square filing. Who has tried, and given up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will be hard to square grind the smaller chain with the shorter teeth.

I'm going to 'play' with it and see what I can do. I will have more opportunities to cut with it using the smaller saws. I'm really pretty happy with semi-chisel chain for the cutting I do. You guys got me thinking about square grind and it is just something else to learn.

Should only cost me a few files and maybe a couple of chains? The grinder should keep it's value.

I appreciate all the info, advice, and opinions that you guys have been willing to share.

Philbert

"I don't square grind .325 or 3/8 lo pro chains"

Is it a waste of time to sg .325 or does it not hold up?
I thought It would be good on my 346xp rather then changing to 3/8 chain.

I do not have a square grinder but I did square file a .325 for a 20" bar. The chain cuts fast, smooth, and straight. Even with some side beaks on it. I have not done alot of sawing with it yet but what I have done, it seems to be holding up ok. I will say this, that I will be picky about what I cut with it because it did take awhile to file that many cutters. Was it worth it, I like to think so.

Latest posts

Back