squire 5100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveffemt130

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok here goes...I wanna pick some brains here....1st I am an aws and asme cert welder...2 I am working as a maint tech in an alum foundry 3 insurance is not an issue....now that all that's out of the way....I have an old squire 5100 I think insert that I am using as free standing...my house is very old and drafty...I have the reminats of an old gas furnace in the basement....here is my "idea" I want to basically build another stove almost identical to the squire but about 18" taller....why?....I want to place a cataylitic combustor near the top....above that have a approx 6" brick/refractory lined area before the exhaust pipe that I will have a series of stainless a pipes to heat water with....then of course a circ pump...expansion tank and heat exchanger plumbed into the gas furnace after demo of the gas element...I figured the cat will clean up the smoke make the thing more efficient and by having a lined chamber at the top of the stove I should be able to heat enough water to improve overall effiency....anyone have any ideas on weather this will or won't work improvements etc...please comment

Ok here goes...I wanna pick some brains here....1st I am an aws and asme cert welder...2 I am working as a maint tech in an alum foundry 3 insurance is not an issue....now that all that's out of the way....I have an old squire 5100 I think insert that I am using as free standing...my house is very old and drafty...I have the reminats of an old gas furnace in the basement....here is my "idea" I want to basically build another stove almost identical to the squire but about 18" taller....why?....I want to place a cataylitic combustor near the top....above that have a approx 6" brick/refractory lined area before the exhaust pipe that I will have a series of stainless a pipes to heat water with....then of course a circ pump...expansion tank and heat exchanger plumbed into the gas furnace after demo of the gas element...I figured the cat will clean up the smoke make the thing more efficient and by having a lined chamber at the top of the stove I should be able to heat enough water to improve overall effiency....anyone have any ideas on weather this will or won't work improvements etc...please comment
Check that model 50500

Back