Steam donkey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedarkerf

Known to some as....
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Went down the hill about half a mile met up with Schmuck Paccity Bill from PNW logging museum a local shovel operator and drug out an old steam donkey and sent it on its way to the PNW logging museum got some pics and will post a few videos when I get a chance. It was a tight fit getting the truck in and out with some close clearancesDSC_0503.JPG DSC_0509.JPG DSC_0512.JPG

nice! but are you sure that is what you think it was? !! looks more like the proto type of the first "out door wood furnace " with all the gears to pump the steam into the logger's bunk house?? lol good find , so was it on your property or a work site?......another piece of history saved!! "THANKS"!!!!

nice! but are you sure that is what you think it was? !! looks more like the proto type of the first "out door wood furnace " with all the gears to pump the steam into the logger's bunk house?? lol good find , so was it on your property or a work site?......another piece of history saved!! "THANKS"!!!!
thank the guys at the PNW logging museum Fraiser was kind enough to invite me over to get some pics its actually been sitting in a yard for decades I live about half mile from where it was. Lots of old logging equipment in our area use to be part of the worlds logging capital . Here are some more local picsTMY701.JPG DSC_0011.JPG Yard art.JPG

There is one similar to this down by Aberdeen on 101,it was a floating steam donkey I think, wish I would have snapped a pic

You need to get Gologit to record a few tales of when he was logging with that beast. It will give a human perspective for the kids!

Back