Sthil HT75 issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroncoRN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got another question on this pole saw. So its running but I was having some trouble getting it tuned. I don't think it is the carb, but heres my story. I thought I had it dialed in pretty good but yesterday I decided to run it and trim one of our palm trees. While I was letting it warm up it rolled on its side and the engine rpm increased and the chain started turning. I tried rolling it back and forth and it did the same thing. I've also noticed that idle screw I can't get the RPMs low enough without adjusting the L side on the carb.

I'm almost wondering if I installed the throttle cable on the carb backwards if that is even possible. When I screw the LA screw CW the RPM decreases and CCW the RPM increases - which is weird. Thoughts?

Could be....they are old as all hell. When I got this thing it had been sitting in a barn for who knows how long. One of the jets was missing from the original carb, the jet adjustment springs were gone and the other jet was bent. But I slapped on a cheap carb to see if it would even run and my gamble paid off. It started runs, and cuts awesome. Even with a 14" bar it literally cut through the palms yesterday like butter. My little echo SRM210 split boom doesn't cut nearly as fast.

I drilled out the oil holes in the bar to get it to oil up a little better. Doesn't look like it is getting oil but it slings a mist of it off the end of the bar.

Is it possible to install the throttle cable backwards on the carb?

I don't think you are adjusting the idle screw, but the slack adjuster above the carburetor, possibly?

In response to the question; is it possible to install the throttle cable backwards- no they are different on each end.
If you are talking about the cable slot that hooks the cable to the carb, then yes it matter. Just rotate it 180 degrees until it can seat properly.

Its a screw with a black shroud. The screw itself has a point which effects the position of the throttle arm on the carb. Im just trying to figure out what's going on - the throttle cable fit in right but it just seems weird that turning the LA CW would lower the RPMs.

I have a bunch of fuel hose so I should be able to swap out the lines after work.

Update: I think new fuel hose and fuel filter made a big difference! It's not perfect but runs real nice. I ordered a new muffler for it too.

Latest posts

Back