Stihl 026 - Saw head looks a little crooked

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyhab

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked up a little 026. Something definitely looks a little funky.

Before I tear it apart, I thought I would get some opinions...

Your thoughts appreciated.

Also, what is the approximate value of this one owner, home use saw? I hear they are a good one.

JR

Attachments

• IMG_5584.jpg
    IMG_5584.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5585.jpg
    IMG_5585.jpg
    862 KB · Views: 90
Anti Vibe between the crankcase rear and the handle/tanks has probably broken/perished pulling it out of square.

In the UK you would probably get between £150 - £200 for an 026, a little more for an ms260.

They are good and built well. Little under-powered IMO. I liked the one I used to have but liked my old Husky 154se more

Probly got bar pinched at some point and somebody reefed on it to get it out and distorted/broke the anti-vibes. Fuel tank looks straight which is good. Also top handle could be bent. Good 50cc saws. Running with no issues they usually sell for $200-300 in good shape. A little more for really good shape.

I just picked up a little 026. Something definitely looks a little funky.

Before I tear it apart, I thought I would get some opinions...

Your thoughts appreciated.

Also, what is the approximate value of this one owner, home use saw? I hear they are a good one.

JR

Depending on which part of Canada you are in. Great saw, tree guys buy them form me 350.00 all day long.

Ontario

It seems to run really nice, that's for sure. Just a matter of getting the carb settings adjusted properly so it will rev out at the right level and idle a little better. Carb kit wouldn't hurt either I guess!

Well, it turned out the the stabilizer at the front of the saw had popped out of the socket. The top orange cover on the saw was also cock-eyed, adding more to the crooked look. Handle Bar does not seem to be bent.

That is the better 026 to have. Older version with the metal tag and red lever. Should have the adjustable carb on it too. Out here in Alberta they sell anywhere between $250-$350 depending on the condition.

Back